Turn Off Ads?

Thread: GABP vs. Citi Field

GABP vs. Citi Field

I am a Reds fan without question, but I have found yet another new ballpark that makes GABP look just well average. Citi Field is incredible. They welcome you in with style and grace and pay tribute to Jackie Robison and it just gets better. Don't get me wrong, GABP is nice, but the Mets did it right, their new ballpark is wonderful, if you get the chance..check it out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: GABP vs. Citi Field

I can not name one new park that is not better than GABP

Went to PNC a couple of years ago, it seemed no different than GABP. I guess it had a view of downtown. Also been to Jacobs up in Cle. it was OK.

I felt the same way as you when we went to some new stadiums. The only ones I would rate GABP above is Progressive, and US Cellular. I couldn't believe Miller Park was 2 years older than GABP, it looks very impressive, and way nicer honestly. Busch Stadium was also nicer, and Wrigley was my favorite, but mainly just because it was Wrigley.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I am a Reds fan without question, but I have found yet another new ballpark that makes GABP look just well average. Citi Field is incredible. They welcome you in with style and grace and pay tribute to Jackie Robison and it just gets better. Don't get me wrong, GABP is nice, but the Mets did it right, their new ballpark is wonderful, if you get the chance..check it out.
    The ugly junkyard outside of Citi Field, and the fact that there is NOTHING around the park (besides the aforementioned junkyard) are pretty major deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    The ugly junkyard outside of Citi Field, and the fact that there is NOTHING around the park (besides the aforementioned junkyard) are pretty major deductions.
    To be fair it is a really nice junkyard.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I saw no junkyard coming in on the subway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I can not name one new park that is not better than GABP
    The White Sox park is okay, not great and not better then GABP. It is sad to see what is out there and what we have.

GABP is the mirror image of Nationals Park. It has a gap down right field line etc. Nothing really wrong with GABP. View of river traffic is neat.

Every ballpark is different and has its quirks. Which is why visiting them is so fun and much more exciting than visiting venues from the other sports. Still, the only stadium I have been to is GABP (countless times). And the old Riverfront Stadium. True fan? Or do I need to travel more? : )

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I saw no junkyard coming in on the subway.
    It's beyond the outfield wall (not sure where the subway lets one off, though, as I drove when I was there)

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Every ballpark is different and has its quirks. Which is why visiting them is so fun and much more exciting than visiting venues from the other sports. Still, the only stadium I have been to is GABP (countless times). And the old Riverfront Stadium. True fan? Or do I need to travel more? : )
    I try to set a modest goal of 1-2 different parks a year, personally.

I know this has been discussed before, but is there any hope of changing the dimensions at GABP? It seems every media comment about the park is derogatory in nature, especially the small dimensions. Wonder how many seats would have to go to make it a more challenging park for hitters and a little more friendly for pitchers?

Turn Off Ads?