Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Question about Players/Managers/Announcers arriving to the ballpark

Question about Players/Managers/Announcers arriving to the ballpark

I have a somewhat unusual question. A shot in the dark here, but hopefully someone out there can help. I have tried asking a few people but to no avail. I have picked this project back up after a few years because of having to relocate to a new part of the state. But I will be coming back to the Cincy area here at the end of the month, for the Nats series. And I have the Faces of Riverfront poster that I am still trying to get completely signed (I am about 20 or so short right now). Well, the Nats is the perfect opportunity here because I still need Davey Johnson, Ray Knight, and Bob Boone. Just a few questions regarding this, and I am not sure if anyone can help with these questions, or could possibly point me in the direction of a person that might.

But I guess the first is, do anyone happen to know what time the manager (Johnson) would arrive to the stadium or what time the guy who is the pre game and post game analyst guy (Knight) would get there? Would Knight use the same player entrance that the players use? And I wonder if Bob Boone would even make a trip such as this? Just curious what time I should arrive to the players gate to try and get them to sign the poster. I would probably try both on Saturday and Sunday (different start times for each though, so that may play into effect). Again, I have no clue if anyone could help me with any of these answers or if you would know of anyone here on Redszone or possibly outside of Redszone that could assist me in getting some of these answers. It just seems like a perfect opportunity to obtain a few of these guys.

Thanks for any help that anyone is able to assist me with. I greatly appreciate it. Feel free to reply to this thread or you can PM as well.

EDIT: I should add that I am looking to get try and get these as they go into the stadium by the player's entrance or whatnot. Not inside the stadium. Thanks.
    Last edited by crazybob60; 08-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Re: Question about Players/Managers/Announcers arriving to the ballpark

Good luck w/Knight. A couple of years ago, I went to a Nationals game w/some friends and we camped out by the pregame set to try to get an autograph. As soon as they wrapped and took a couple of minutes to chat and laugh among themselves, he BOLTED....I'm talking brisk power walk, head down, don't bother me body language, etc. etc.
    Maybe you'll have a better experience if you try it, but just giving you my experience.

Turn Off Ads?