Turn Off Ads?

Thread: would u trade votto for?????

would u trade votto for?????

with all this talk about votto being traded lets discuss some deals you wouldn't mind getting done. don't get me wrong i don't want to see votto go but lets not kid ourselves he is going to want way to much money and he wants to go back home. so that being said i purpose

reds get jarod weaver and mike trout

angels get votto stubbs and wood or volquez

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: would u trade votto for?????

No. I would rather take up the Bautista/Votto trade. That would solve our left field problem and we could move Alonso to first. But it may never come to that because I think Heisey is an everyday player.

Our pitching is what needs work but I don't believe in giving up our MVP for it. We should grab our pitchers via free agency.

I don't think the Angels would ever do this, but from the Reds perspective I would do it in a heartbeat.

The last 1st baseman the Reds had that can do what Votto does was Frank Robinson in 1959. 52 years go

Anyone know what is considered the worse trade in Reds history? Hint, it involves the Baltimore Orioles

I just want weaver on this team so bad i would give up anyone to get him . when i seen him pitch that game against the tigers and he got tossed for throwing at a batter i thought that is exactly what this team needs. he would light a fire under everyone's a$$. he has turned into the BEST pitcher in the game right now

Let the kids play!

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    The last 1st baseman the Reds had that can do what Votto does was Frank Robinson in 1959. 52 years go

Anyone know what is considered the worse trade in Reds history? Hint, it involves the Baltimore Orioles
    If we could get a top three pitcher in the AL and the number 1 prospect in MLB for Votto, Stubbs, and Wood it would be impossible for me to turn it down. It's almost like we're getting Alonso in that trade also because he would be able to play.

Great, another thread about trading the guy that makes this team somewhat tolerable to watch, lol.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

We all love Votto. And we all know he is the heart of the batting order. But this team has holes to fill that the farm system isn't prepared to solve right now.

And if you believe Votto will walk after 2013, then considering trading him is a smart move.

Jared Weaver is a free agent after 2012 and he's a Boras client. Good luck resigning him. That said the Angels would never do it. Trout offers such an insane amount of surplus value over his cost controlled years that it just doesn't make sense to trade him.

Nerdvana Annihilation

I really don't want to think about trading the only person that I know has a good chance on getting on base.

If the Reds trade Votto for less than an MVP type player in his prime, they are crazy. I don't want to see him traded at all.

Turn Off Ads?