Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New respect for Albert

New respect for Albert

He may be a Cardinal,

but after watching 60 minutes, I have an all new outlook on him

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New respect for Albert

Yeah I saw that too, he is definitely not one of the typical Cardinals.

I watched it as well, he's a very impressive individual. The 60 Minutes piece was very well done, describing how he set up a foundation for kids with down syndrome and raised a daughter (though not his biological child) who has it, how he does a lot of charity work for the area he grew up in the Dominican Republic and how he went to a Houston hospital last year and gave a kid there his 400th HR bat.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Maybe he'll be smart and leave that pathetic organization for a one with classy players and a classy manager.

he may do some charity work, but he has done a lot of shady things. i used to think he was one of the nicest guys, but now, hes just a typical cardinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skreep View Post
    he may do some charity work, but he has done a lot of shady things. i used to think he was one of the nicest guys, but now, hes just a typical cardinal.
    Can you elaborate on those ''shady things''?I think he's a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Can you elaborate on those ''shady things''?I think he's a class act.
    i used to think he was the classiest in baseball. ill just list some things that come to mind.

Complaining about shirts being untucked while staring down homeruns, walking out of the batters box, staring down opposing teams while running the bases, all while trying to keep it classy "for the kids"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...em-in-st-louis

Complaining to the press about the MVP winner not being on a playoff team, the year before he won it on a 4th place team
    http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mes...yoff-team.html

and a slight against tom glavine
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...owing_old.html

theres more if you look for them

i used to think he was the classiest in baseball. ill just list some things that come to mind.

Complaining about shirts being untucked while staring down homeruns, walking out of the batters box, staring down opposing teams while running the bases, all while trying to keep it classy "for the kids"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...em-in-st-louis
    I don't particularly care either way about the Brewers, but this is a pretty tame thing to ridicule Pujols over. Sure I think he's wrong, but he sees it as showing up his team. Not debating whether his hypocrisy when watching his home runs at all, but this doesn't make me think much less of him at all.

Complaining to the press about the MVP winner not being on a playoff team, the year before he won it on a 4th place team
    http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mes...yoff-team.html
    The reasoning is wrong, but insane that Howard won the MVP over him in 2006. He was simply better at every facet of the game outside of hitting home runs and having teammates on the bases in front of him. It was translated from spanish so who knows what the context of the exchange was between Pujols and the reporter.

Absolutely something I wish he hadn't done, but in the heat of competition I've said similar things. I just didn't have a microphone shoved in my face immediately after a tough loss to make myself look more foolish. Obviously he's a professional and should know better.

theres more if you look for them
    If you want to make anyone out to look like a bad guy, you could. There are a lot of things about Pujols that I may not care for as much, but there is nothing that comes close to putting a dent in his character off the field. He does as much good off of the field as any player I can remember.

people could search and find issues regarding Joey Votto if they searched hard enough, I am sure....but that dont make Joey a bad person....

Albert is one of the few good guys in Baseball and I will forever be a fan of his just for his work with handicapped kids....not to mention all his charity work with poor children, children who have money but need a role model, just children in general.....Albert has went far and beyond what he should as an millionaire athlete to help the down syndrome kids....

anyone who has a down syndrome kid in their family like me, know that they are special kids who are as smart as any other kid out there, they just cant express it..

Albert has done a ton of things that I dont approve of, mainly signing his extension with the Cardinals but thats his choice and I will forever hate him for it, outside of that issue and a few others mentioned above, I will choose to bad mouth him when he is on the diamond playing against the Reds, but any other time of the day I will root for Albert at all costs....

i'm not here to make your decisions for you. i just have a hatred for hypocrites. thats why i dont respect a guy who calls people out one day for "showing somebody up", then the next day hits a homerun, walks out of the box, flips his bat, stares down the pitcher as he takes his batting gloves off, then talks to the opposing dugout as he rounds the bases. I guess growing up with a hypocrite in the house made me a little sore on that subject.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

i'm not here to make your decisions for you. i just have a hatred for hypocrites. thats why i dont respect a guy who calls people out one day for "showing somebody up", then the next day hits a homerun, walks out of the box, flips his bat, stares down the pitcher as he takes his batting gloves off, then talks to the opposing dugout as he rounds the bases. I guess growing up with a hypocrite in the house made me a little sore on that subject.
    You have to realize that AP has to hang around a locker room and dugout for 162 games with the likes of Tony LaRussa, Dave Duncan, Chris Carpenter, Yadier Molina, and a whole host of other St. Louis losers. Then factor in their whiny fanbase and media, and then you realize how much negative influence he has going for him.

He is a Cardinal ballplayer and Cardinal ballplayers are to be loathed. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    You have to realize that AP has to hang around a locker room and dugout for 162 games with the likes of Tony LaRussa, Dave Duncan, Chris Carpenter, Yadier Molina, and a whole host of other St. Louis losers. Then factor in their whiny fanbase and media, and then you realize how much negative influence he has going for him.

Whatever happened to hating the rival teams players no matter what? I hate every Cub, and Cardinal equally and without question. Pujols could save a bus full of orphans from falling off of a cliff and into a volcano, but I would still detest his very existence. I understand he is a great player, but I have no respect for a guy that watches every home run like it is the first one he ever hit. Albert Pujols reminds me of a tv preacher. He says all the right things, but his behavior makes you question his motives. And I am sure that if you start to dissect the lives of every ball player you will find dirt, Votto, Bruce, Phillips included. But this guy seems so fake to me I find it impossible to respect him.

I saw it too...a better man than me. That being said I still hope he gets his money AND leaves StLoser.

Turn Off Ads?