Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Monday 8-15-11 Minor League Games

Monday 8-15-11 Minor League Games

Carlos Sanchez, who I thought might draw some attention this year but has mostly struggled, is a HR away from the cycle today for the AZL Reds, who lead 10-2. Brennan May hit his 5th HR.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday 8-15-11 Minor League Games

12-2 final. No cycle for Sanchez. The good pitching came from the Carlos brothers, Gonzalez and Ramos.

Klinker posted on his twitter account about an hour ago that "Baseball American" was in the clubhouse to interview Neftali Soto. I'm assuming he meant Baseball America...

I agree with Klinker...about time.

Corcino's final line tonight: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K. Nice rebound.

Dayton leads 2-0 after six. Torreyes (1-3) is back in the lineup.

Corcino did work tonight. When the kid is on he is on. Really dominating stuff
    Go Reds!

Eric Campbell is really heating up in Carolina. His 9th HR tonight, to go with his 9 in Bakersfield. Mudcats lead 5-2 after five.

Mace do you think Campbell has a spot in the organization? He's 26 years old. Good season this year.

Soto is in a major funk right now. .108 in his last 10 games.

Bats leading 4 - 1 due to a complete lack of control by Indianapolis's bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball View Post
    Mace do you think Campbell has a spot in the organization? He's 26 years old. Good season this year.
    I don't know how they feel about him, but I'm intrigued. He obviously overmatched the California League. The surprising thing to me was that they didn't play him much when he arrived in Carolina. At Bakersfield he was exclusively a third baseman, and I heard his defense there was very good, but now they're shuffling him between third, first and left field. So it's hard to tell. But at least he's playing more regularly now, and producing.

He was originally considered a very good prospect--a second rounder--but dropped off when he got to high-A and fell out of favor with the Braves. At any rate, he seems like a good pickup. If he finishes the season strong in AA, you would think he'd be in pretty solid with the organization.

If he finishes the year strong he could end up at AAA next year. A one time big prospect and early draft pick it would be interesting to see if he can keep this up. I am not sure we have 3B set for life after Rolen and any options can't hurt. Only question I have, do we control him next year?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

What's the deal with Campbell for next year? We don't have to put him on the 40-man to keep him in the system next year, do we? Hopefully he can show what he's got at Louisville next year without the Reds having to use a spot on the 40-man.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Soto is in a major funk right now. .108 in his last 10 games.
    He didn't look good at all Sunday. I'm not a major league scout but from what I saw, it looked as though he has fallen in love with his power stroke. It didn't do anything for him on Sunday.

I would think there is a place for Campbell. As mace so rightly pointed out, he has been moved around a lot defensively and I would like to see him given the 3B spot from here out. He played 3B last night but was at 1B Sunday. He crushed a ball Sunday that actually hit the video board on the scoreboard. It was a powerful line drive.

Campbell committed his 4th error last night. It was a throwing error.

Now that Costanzo is gone I would like to see Campbell planted a 3B for the remainder of the season to see what he has from here on out. I still believe the more at bats the better for this guy.

Turn Off Ads?