Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pennant Race Update

Pennant Race Update

Cardinals fall to the Pirates 6-2. Brewers up 3-0 in the bottom of the 8th. St. Louis about to fall 7 back. Reds will be 11.5 back.

With a Milwaukee win the Brewers will be 20 games over at 71-51. They are pace to win 94 games. For the 59-62 Reds to get there they will have to go 35-6 the rest of the way.

Expect some very quiet game threads from here on out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pennant Race Update

there is no pennant race

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I expected better. I witnessed a loss on the road at the Cubs and a loss at home during a rainy night in Cincinnati. We need to reel off 14 of 15 to have any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cardinals fall to the Pirates 6-2. Brewers up 3-0 in the bottom of the 8th. St. Louis about to fall 7 back. Reds will be 11.5 back.

With a Milwaukee win the Brewers will be 20 games over at 71-51. They are pace to win 94 games. For the 59-62 Reds to get there they will have to go 35-6 the rest of the way.

Not that it makes much difference, but the Cards are only six back, not seven.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Give it time.

No playoffs.

Albert leaving for greener pastures.

Depleted farm system.

Goofball manager and pitching coach.

Babified roster.

Good times ahead for the Cardinals!

I went and looked at the standings this morning and then was coming over here to post the exact same thread and comments. You beat me to it.

But I'm more interested in the Cardinals not making the playoffs more than anything right now. Heck, I even hope the Reds lay down in their series against the Brewers to put the fork in the Cardinals!!!!

Anything bad that happens to the Cardinals is good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I expected better. I witnessed a loss on the road at the Cubs and a loss at home during a rainy night in Cincinnati. We need to reel off 14 of 15 to have any chance.
    If that was a Monday night game against Colorado I was there. I have to say the new scoreboard is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Oops. Six back. The Redbirds need to go 29-11 to get to 94 wins.

More bummer numbers.

The Brewers do not have to win another road game this season and they still, quite likely, will win the division. They are a juggernaut at home this season winning three out of every four home games they play. If they keep winning at that rate they will garner sixteen more home wins. This will give them 87 wins for the 2011 campaign. That would give the Cardinals a glimmer of hope. But St. Louis would have to finish up the season 22-18 to gain a tie.
    That is amazing. It is the middle of August and that team can lose out on the road and still have an excellent chance of popping the corks on a bunch of champagne bottles.

If you are looking for silver linings, Bob, Walt and Dusty are still happy with their team. And 24 out of 25 of the Reds players still think everything will be fine if they just start playing like they are capable. Miguel Cairo actually knows that the team stinks.

If you are looking for silver linings, Bob, Walt and Dusty are still happy with their team. And 24 out of 25 of the Reds players still think everything will be fine if they just start playing like they are capable. Miguel Cairo actually knows that the team stinks.

yeah Dusty says things are huge, really big, and that they are happy with shortstop position

cards gonna beat brewers all 6 games and reds will win them 6.
    reds then beat brewers there 3 games and be out what 2 games

how bout reds twenty games out in fourth place

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    cards gonna beat brewers all 6 games and reds will win them 6.
    reds then beat brewers there 3 games and be out what 2 games
    And then hell freezes over and nobody complains about how hot is has been this summer.

Turn Off Ads?