Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pennant Race Update

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Pennant Race Update

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    cards gonna beat brewers all 6 games and reds will win them 6.
    reds then beat brewers there 3 games and be out what 2 games
    .....and then my girlfriend turns into a 12-pack and a pizza?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Give it time.

No playoffs.
    I guess that would make two of us, only I get more pleasure out of my team winning than the your team losing, so you are probably happier than I am.

Albert leaving for greener pastures.
    Either this and $16 mil to spend or Albert being retained. It's not like Albert leaving is the worst thing that could happen to the Cardinals.

Depleted farm system.
    If you keep saying it that makes it true.

Goofball manager and pitching coach.
    Well, we completely agree here.

Babified roster.
    I'm not even going to begin to guess what this means.

Good times ahead for the Cardinals!
    It's probably not my favorite time in my Cardinal fandom, but if we struggle for a bit I still don't think we'll have a playoff drought of say... fifteen years, eh?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If that was a Monday night game against Colorado I was there. I have to say the new scoreboard is awesome.
    New scoreboard is sweet. Even sweeter after coming from Wrigley, which has no videoboard.

I sat in left field by the foul pole until the rain delay, then I started moving around.

Cardinals 8.5 out.

Life is good.

Milwaukee is now on a pace to win 96 games. If the Reds win out they can get to 97. That makes it simple. No more losses.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Milwaukee is now on a pace to win 96 games. If the Reds win out they can get to 97. That makes it simple. No more losses.
    No way this team possibly loses again. This a well-constructed, well-crafted winning machine.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I must tip my cap to the Brewers org, fwiw. They saw a window of opportunity and took it. In so doing, they gutted their farm system and made their level of success completely unsustainable considering their media market, but they alleviated my potential distress in a year in which we could not possibly hold back the Cardinals.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I must tip my cap to the Brewers org, fwiw. They saw a window of opportunity and took it. In so doing, they gutted their farm system and made their level of success completely unsustainable considering their media market, but they alleviated my potential distress in a year in which we could not possibly hold back the Cardinals.
    Amen. I'd rather the Brewers win it than the Cardinals.

Both teams have taken a hit to their farm systems. In the end, the Reds may have had a letdown this season, but be the far better team in the long run. But they still have holes to fill and need to address them this offseason.

The Reds could be a powerhouse if ownership was willing to do it. Seriously.

Cueto is an ace. Add an ace, and this team is dealin'. Leake is a solid starter. Take your pick for the 4th starter. Most teams 5th starter is somewhat filler anyway.

Votto is an MVP player. Add a Matt Holliday type player to hit behind him and you add improvement to Votto's performance by protecting him in the lineup and you solve the 4-hitter spot by adding a legit 4-hole hitter, duh.

Two impact players could make this team a serious contender. The question will be, are the Reds serious about being contenders?

I hope we can get a right handed bat with some pop in the offseason. preferably a LF. I also would like to see them seriously go after James Sheilds. I think he would fit perfectly in the rotation. but anywhoo I do love the fact that the Cardinals are almost as done as we are in this division. It's sad to say but the Brew Crew deserves it. there GM went out and made the moves he was supposed to to make that team a contender. They had a good team before but you didnt here there GM saying they were content with what they had. He may have cost them in the long run but hes got some balls. went all in for this year

Amen. I'd rather the Brewers win it than the Cardinals.

Both teams have taken a hit to their farm systems. In the end, the Reds may have had a letdown this season, but be the far better team in the long run. But they still have holes to fill and need to address them this offseason.

The Reds could be a powerhouse if ownership was willing to do it. Seriously.

Cueto is an ace. Add an ace, and this team is dealin'. Leake is a solid starter. Take your pick for the 4th starter. Most teams 5th starter is somewhat filler anyway.

Votto is an MVP player. Add a Matt Holliday type player to hit behind him and you add improvement to Votto's performance by protecting him in the lineup and you solve the 4-hitter spot by adding a legit 4-hole hitter, duh.

Two impact players could make this team a serious contender. The question will be, are the Reds serious about being contenders?
    Several of us have been saying basicly, the same thing over and over, just in a variety of ways. Many thought the Brewers' defense would be their downfall, but it hasn't yet.
    As for gutting the farm system, teams are constantly drafting/adding potential talent. When they have an opportunity to add a proven player, they trade potential for now..... or sign a free agent in the offseason. Neither method describes the Reds MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Several of us have been saying basicly, the same thing over and over, just in a variety of ways. Many thought the Brewers' defense would be their downfall, but it hasn't yet.
    As for gutting the farm system, teams are constantly drafting/adding potential talent. When they have an opportunity to add a proven player, they trade potential for now..... or sign a free agent in the offseason. Neither method describes the Reds MO.
    Cards get Wainwright back next season. They have two of the top five BA minor leaguers, both starting pitchers.
    Brewers have their entire starting rotation back. They will draw close to 3 million, and with additional monies from their playoff appearance, be able to fill in holes via free agents.

If anyone thinks the Reds are simply going to waltz back to the top of the division in 2012 they are mistaken. Walt "Wake me in September" Jocketty wasted a year and the window is closing.

Bud Selig needs to order drug tests for all 25 Brewers. Honestly, what has gotten into the Brew Crew? They have won the first game today and lead in the second. If they hold on they will have won 24 of their last 27. If they hold on the Reds will be 14 games back. Freakin' ridiculous.

What makes you think Wainwright will be the same Wainwright? Doesn't happen over night.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

It is not as bad as it seems --- we are only 12 behind in the loss column!
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

What makes you think Wainwright will be the same Wainwright? Doesn't happen over night.
    Wainwright doesn't have to be the same Wainwright. He just has to be better than Jake Westbrook and whomever the Cardinals throw out there as a fifth starter.

Turn Off Ads?