Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring up Francisco and Mesoraco

Bring up Francisco and Mesoraco

Reds are dismal to watch.

Bring up Francisco who brings needed pop against righty pitching. This is not to debate the merits of JF. But he will add some excitement and power.

Bring up Mes already. He will add excitement too. Reds top prospect, catcher of the future. Let's see him already.

These moves might help us watch the paint dry.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bring up Francisco and Mesoraco

i agree 100% i'm also tired of watching this team play short handed. i would release lewis friday and bring those 2 up.

1)phillips 2B
    2)alonso LF
    3)voto 1B
    4)bruce RF
    5)mes C
    6)francisco 3B
    7)stubbs CF
    8)frazier SS

there's my batting order the rest of the season. maybe split the left handers up but i'm cool with the way that is. go ahead blast away.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i agree 100% i'm also tired of watching this team play short handed. i would release lewis friday and bring those 2 up.

1)phillips 2B
    2)alonso LF
    3)voto 1B
    4)bruce RF
    5)mes C
    6)francisco 3B
    7)stubbs CF
    8)frazier SS

there's my batting order the rest of the season. maybe split the left handers up but i'm cool with the way that is. go ahead blast away.
    Back to back to back lefties may cause Dusty to have convulsions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Back to back to back lefties may cause Dusty to have convulsions.

no doubt. however something has got to give. alonso getting 1 AB per game is not cutting it. he needs to be in there somewhere. the season is over. heck even the royals are smart enough to play their young kids. give the youngsters extended looks.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

It is simply outrageous at this point that Mez isn't brought up. Option Janish back to AAA and bring up Mez. We need to find out what we have at The Show.

Alonso isn't going to play LF, Frazier isn't going to play SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It is simply outrageous at this point that Mez isn't brought up. Option Janish back to AAA and bring up Mez. We need to find out what we have at The Show.
    So we're going to carry three good catchers and one aging, gimpy shortstop? Even garbage time needs a little structure.

Yeah, I want to see Mesoraco too, but September 1 is only twelve days away.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Bring up Francisco who brings needed pop against righty pitching. This is not to debate the merits of JF. But he will add some excitement and power.

Bring up Mes already. He will add excitement too. Reds top prospect, catcher of the future. Let's see him already.

Done playing with the other prospects already? Like I said, prospects are like toys at Christmas. Can't wait to see what you got, then looking for new toys by New Year's Day.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Alonso isn't going to play LF, Frazier isn't going to play SS.
    only because of toothpick.

Watched Francisco vs Indianapolis last night. What I saw was a very lazy player with more attitude than the rest of the team, combined. Didn't run out ground balls. Walked to his position every inning. Got one single after which he flipped his bat toward the dugout and ran to first like he had hit a home run. Very disinterested in the field with a very scattered looking arm. Swung at a lot of bad pitches at the plate. I came away not liking what I saw.

Mesoraco, on the other hand, was totally into the game. Hustled at his position and acted like a hungry minor leaguer looking for his shot at the big leagues. Was even hard on himself after his throws to second each inning that weren't perfect, while still very good. His arm looked accurate and strong with a nice quick release. Very impressed. Looked to have a good understanding of the strike zone at the plate and a very quick bat. Was walked intentionally, twice. Look forward to seeing him behind the plate with the Reds.

Where are they going to play? Frazier and Cairo are at 3rd until Rolen comes back. Hanigan and Hernandez are catching. I don't see how it does them any good to sit on the bench in the big leagues. I would agree if they would start most of the time but they won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Where are they going to play? Frazier and Cairo are at 3rd until Rolen comes back. Hanigan and Hernandez are catching. I don't see how it does them any good to sit on the bench in the big leagues. I would agree if they would start most of the time but they won't.
    Easy.

Hernandez should be waived or traded for a prospect right now. Overdue. That makes room for Mes.

Lewis should be waived or traded for a prospect right now. Overdue. That makes room for JF.

Mes would get plenty of playing time at catcher sharing with Hanigan.

Francisco would get plenty of playing time at third base platooning with Cairo. Frazier can play left field. Sappelt can play back up, which, IMO, is his proper position.

Rolen? I'll believe it when I see him.

Easy.

Hernandez should be waived or traded for a prospect right now. Overdue. That makes room for Mes.

Lewis should be waived or traded for a prospect right now. Overdue. That makes room for JF.

Mes would get plenty of playing time at catcher sharing with Hanigan.

Francisco would get plenty of playing time at third base platooning with Cairo. Frazier can play left field. Sappelt can play back up, which, IMO, is his proper position.

Rolen? I'll believe it when I see him.

All easier said than done. If Hernandez or Lewis aren't traded or released in the case of Lewis - which they probably won't be - you still have the same problems. If Francisco is up here I don't want to see him platooning. I want to see him hit lefties and righties. As for LF, people have been screaming for Sappelt since ST amd now you want to have him sit on the bench? What about Alonso? Isn't he going to play LF? Or is he going to play 3rd? If he's playing 3rd then there are 3 guys for 1 position - 4 when Rolen comes back which he probably will. If we could play with a rover like in softball or with 12 guys in the field, I'd be more than happy to bring them up but they aren't going to play so why bother?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    All easier said than done. If Hernandez or Lewis aren't traded or released in the case of Lewis - which they probably won't be - you still have the same problems. If Francisco is up here I don't want to see him platooning. I want to see him hit lefties and righties. As for LF, people have been screaming for Sappelt since ST amd now you want to have him sit on the bench? What about Alonso? Isn't he going to play LF? Or is he going to play 3rd? If he's playing 3rd then there are 3 guys for 1 position - 4 when Rolen comes back which he probably will. If we could play with a rover like in softball or with 12 guys in the field, I'd be more than happy to bring them up but they aren't going to play so why bother?
    Well, it's a matter of prioritizing.

Personally, I think Sappelt is a pure backup. He will get hot with singles and doubles occasionally. But he doesn't walk and has little power. He doesn't need to play every day.

Alonso has no position on this team. His status needs to be handled off the field -- yes front office, this might entail a PLAYER TRANSACTION. I'd be happy for him to play, but there's no place on the field for him right now.

Frazier is IMO a potential Mark Loretta type, a super utility guy with pop, could be a valuable guy. (Reds did him a BIG FAVOR in my view letting him roam around the field as a kid.) I would give Frazier playing time, but at various positions.

Cozart (who I like), Rolen, Heisey are all hurt. I'll worry about them when they return.

Cairo and Renteria don't need a lot of at bats right now.

Oddly, if you want to talk third base, there is no battle among youngsters for playing time. CAIRO is getting most of the reps. That doesn't make sense to me at this time of year.

If one follows this scheme and sells off guys like Hernandez and Lewis, as I suggest, there will be plenty of playing time to go around.

Thing is, it has to be a priority for the ballclub. Right now, it is not. The priority seems to be having a respectable record this season, using veterans. Kids are mostly playing due to injury, not design. If that mindset changes, there will be room for all the major AAA prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    So we're going to carry three good catchers and one aging, gimpy shortstop? Even garbage time needs a little structure.

Yeah, I want to see Mesoraco too, but September 1 is only twelve days away.
    You've got Cairo who can play there as well. DFA Fred Lewis. There are plenty of options to get him up here and the Reds aren't exactly vying for a playoff spot.

Turn Off Ads?