Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vetoed Trade for Schilling in Field Competitive Team League

um...Juan Gonzalez, and by all accounts, a healthy Juan Gonzalez, was added to the trade from the Schilling side, but the deal was still vetoed......?????
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Huh?

I have only seen one or two managers on the league message board speak out against the deal, and no where has anyone shown that they are getting angry at the managers involved. Can you please show me some evidence to back up what you're saying KYRedsFan?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

i forgot about JuanGon, otherwise he would have been in my argument.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Can you provide the number of, and names of the teams that voted to veto the deal?

Contact the commish. This issue has been settled in our league. I'm done dealing with it on this forum.
    Last edited by KYRedsFan; 03-24-2003 at 11:52 AM.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Juan Gone and Schilling for Thome and Smoltz? What's wrong with that? Wow...

Originally posted by SC Reds Fans
    Juan Gone and Schilling for Thome and Smoltz? What's wrong with that? Wow...
    That's what I'd like to know...

That is a fair deal. It seems like an abuse of power to veto that trade.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I agree Johnny, and since I'm the Betty Crocker Boys, the team that everyone seems to think is getting hosed, I don't understand how it could be seen as not being fair.

as i said before...it's a conspiracy...and it probably stretches back to the remnants of the Soviet hardliners who are attemting to thwart capatilism in little ways...or maybe i need to sleep...
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Now apparently Curt Schilling and Ellis Burks for John Smoltz and Jim Thome is an unfair trade.

I f$%^ing give up...

I'm glad I'm not in this league.

the only time a commissioner should ever veto a trade is if it's obvious conspiracy. If there is no payout for winning, then a trade should never be vetoed unless it's on the line of Juan Castro for A-Rod.

This is a clear abuse of power.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?