Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else starting to dislike Votto?

Is anyone else starting to dislike Votto?

Finding something else to b!tch about in the SunDeck, surprise, surprise!

Seriously I started losing attachment when he made it clear that he was only going to stay in Cincy for a short period of time, also his body language tells me he is very unhappy...you know what I have to say about that?

You play in the big league, something 95% of former baseball players would give their left nut to do and all you want to do is be unhappy (don't get me started about Carson Palmer either). I'm so sick of these damn overpaid atheletes and their me me me mentality...be grateful, a team drafted your unknown ass and the least you could do to say thank you is stick around for a while. That is what I would like to say to Mr. NEgativity Joey Votto.

Hell Darryl Strawberry stayed in NY until the 1992 season making it clear the entire time that he eventually wanted to play in his hometown of LA, now we're only going to get Votto probably if we are lucky for 1 more season.

Sean CAsey seemed like one helluva annoying d0uchebag, but at least he praised Cincinnati and wanted to stay here.

It just ain't fair.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: Is anyone else starting to dislike Votto?

Last thing first, by calling Casey a db you lose all credibility. Now on to the main point, the Reds drafted Votto and gave him a shot. In return, he practiced and played hard. He earned a chance to play in Cincy, won the starting job, won the MVP and continues to perform above All-Star level. The Reds owe him nothing more than the money he is signed for (even though is over-performing for his salary), and he owes the Reds nothing more than his very best during the length of his contract. Pretty simple stuff.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Really? Have you spoken with Joey or are you going off what you see on TV? I think Joey is like any other smart ballplayer, he knows he is talented and wants to see what his talent will bring on the open market. I think he is a bit on the inward side, he is not a big time Woo-Woo type of player, he just goes out and produces. My problem isn't with Joey but with the Reds and their inability to have a plan in action for what to do with him and Yonder.

Show me a player that looks happy on the team this year, and i'll show you a loser.

careful calling out Votto will, Votto is God over here. I have learned the hard way.

Nerdvana Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Show me a player that looks happy on the team this year, and i'll show you a loser.
    I have to agree with you here. But, if you read LeCURE's twitters he seems like the happiest guy in the world.

I don't know if I'd call Brandon Phillips a loser....
    Let's make some noise!

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    I don't know if I'd call Brandon Phillips a loser....
    At least he wants to stay, that says a lot. He's not sure the Reds will pay him a fair amount if offered a multi-year deal but at least he wants to stay.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Finding something else to b!tch about in the SunDeck, surprise, surprise!

Seriously I started losing attachment when he made it clear that he was only going to stay in Cincy for a short period of time, also his body language tells me he is very unhappy...you know what I have to say about that?

You play in the big league, something 95% of former baseball players would give their left nut to do and all you want to do is be unhappy (don't get me started about Carson Palmer either). I'm so sick of these damn overpaid atheletes and their me me me mentality...be grateful, a team drafted your unknown ass and the least you could do to say thank you is stick around for a while. That is what I would like to say to Mr. NEgativity Joey Votto.

Hell Darryl Strawberry stayed in NY until the 1992 season making it clear the entire time that he eventually wanted to play in his hometown of LA, now we're only going to get Votto probably if we are lucky for 1 more season.

Sean CAsey seemed like one helluva annoying d0uchebag, but at least he praised Cincinnati and wanted to stay here.

It just ain't fair.
    I was somewhat in agreement with your statements,until you dissed the Mayor like that.Just blew your credibility out the window.

This fanbase has been Bengalized!!!! I'm a Browns fan so I can't say too much! Everyone is looking way too much into everything. The cup is always half empty. Just sit back and enjoy one of the top players in the game while he's here. He might leave, he might not. Who knows!?!? If he does go somewhere else for a big payday it's not something that anybody else wouldn't do if given the opportunity. Everyone wants to better themselves and most athletes want a ring. He may assess what's going on here and decide to stay if they have a good year next year. I will say though with our market I would hate to pay one player and then have the rest of the roster be terrible.

Add this to the "Worst Posts Ever" list.

another reason why cincy has terrible fans. Votto has had the same exact attitude and emotion levels that he did last year, yet somehow, you think this year he has a bad attitude.

go to the bengals board where this crap is welcomed

Brandon Phillips.

I got no problem with Votto, but I do think we should trade him for a front of the rotation starter this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    I got no problem with Votto, but I do think we should trade him for a front of the rotation starter this offseason.
    remember what happened the last time we traded an offensive machine for a pitcher?

Turn Off Ads?