Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lance Berkmann - 2012

Lance Berkmann - 2012

Yes please. If the Cardinals' can't/won't bring him back.

"At this stage of my career, it's safe to say that if I'm not thrilled with the opportunities out there for me after this season, this would be it," said Lance Berkman of the Cardinals to Joe Strauss of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, hinting at retirement. "I'd love to come back but I also recognize they have some big decisions to make with some pretty big guys. Right now, I'm not assuming anything."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lance Berkmann - 2012

I fully expect him to re-sign with the C********

If not.....I'm not crazy about him

As good as he is at the plate, he is that bad in the outfield

IF St.Louis lets him walk, Walt better be driving a taxi to pick him up. However, I don't see the Cards letting him go anywhere.

So he can provide worse defense than Alonso for about $12 million more in hopes that he can have half as good a season as he did this year? No, thanks.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Votto to LF, Berkman to the Reds at 1B?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Votto to LF, Berkman to the Reds at 1B?
    Alonso to SS

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Alonso to SS
    Bruce to 3B, Hanigan to CF

Zero chance he is a Red next year, to old.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Zero chance he is a Red next year, to old.

He may be old...BUT, he is having a better year than any of our OFs. If he isnt looking to start, and is cost efficient, I'll take his bat ANYDAY. This team needs hitters off the bench, that can produce. He would be less of the liability that Alonso is, in the field.( both in and out)

He would immediately be the second best position player on this team if he plays in 2012 the way he is playing in 2011. Just sayin'.

short term answer maybeee long term no and we have stuff to do something. we just don't for some reason.

I think the Cards and Berkman wait to see if Pujols re-signs. If not, then Berkman moves to 1B, with a short-term contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    I think the Cards and Berkman wait to see if Pujols re-signs. If not, then Berkman moves to 1B, with a short-term contract.
    Agree.

Otherwise, I think some AL team picks him up as a DH after he showed he's still got the bat and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Agree.

Otherwise, I think some AL team picks him up as a DH after he showed he's still got the bat and power.
    I don't think he'll go back to the AL, just a feeling and no proof to back it up.
    He shed some weight over the winter and that probably has more to do with his performance this year than anything. I can't shake the whole 'one year wonder / last bullet in the gun' thing but hope he proves me wrong with a strong 2012.
    Someone mentioned the move to 1B and that may be what he ends up doing. Hope that if his option is this that he doesn't need to do it in STL, we'd better have the same guy we have this year.

Turn Off Ads?