Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Earthquake

Did anyone just feel that earthquake? I sure felt it here in northern Cincinnati at about 1:54pm while sitting at my desk surfing RZ

Re: Earthquake

I was listening to sports talk radio in Columbus and the guys on the radio started flipping out. I didn't feel it here in Springfield, but some people did. And most of the people I know in Columbus felt it. Crazy.

That far away? We're all abuzz here because we just felt it about 20 minutes ago here in Va. Beach. Apparently, it was a 5.8 or so. Pentagon was evacuated.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

My wife said her office sounds like a chicken coop. We East Coasters aren't used to these things.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    My wife said her office sounds like a chicken coop. We East Coasters aren't used to these things.
    With the world ending next year, they better get used to things like this.

Felt it here in New Haven, Connecticut. Been awhile since I felt an earthquake - grew up in Alaska and went to college in L.A. Eerie feeling.

CNN has this to say:

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.9 struck in northern Virginia, the U.S. Geological Survey said Tuesday.

The quake was felt in Washington, D.C., and as far away as North Carolina and New York, witnesses said. While all U.S. Capitol buildings were evacuated, there were no reports of injuries or damage.
    Maybe that's what you felt, since it seems to have had a pretty far reach.

I'm in my office downtown Cincinnati on the 12th floor and I thought someone had walked up behind me and was shaking my chair.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Weird. Earthquake effects felt in Brooklyn. I'd never felt an earthquake before. About over by the the time I figured out what was going on.

Our building was evacuated here in northern NJ. I used to live in the SF Bay Area and this was as strong as an earthquake as I've ever felt.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Everyone on my facebook are clamoring about it but I didnt feel a thing. I feel like I missed out.

I felt my desk shake.

The door of my class near Dunbar, West Virginia shook and only one person noticed it. Not sure if that means anything. No one else seems to have noticed so it might have just been that specific door.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Saw the computer on my desk start to shake here in Long Island. My first reaction was that it was aftershock from a bomb or something like that

A slight overreaction I guess
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Swaying and stuff moving is a nice tremble, it's when the building shakes like it's a dice in Gods hand that's scary

Turn Off Ads?