Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A serious quandry - FF Keeper(s)

A serious quandry - FF Keeper(s)

In my fantasy football league I have 5 potential keepers but can only keep 2 of course. I think I know what I am gonna end up doing but here is the scenario, tell me Fantasy Gurus why I am wrong or tell me if you agree with my thinking.

QB - Mike Vick

RB - Arian Foster
    RB - LeSean McCoy
    RB - Jamaal Charles

WR - Calvin Johnson

Now before you make up your mind consider this. Scoring is customized but has the normal staples of 1 pt every 10 yds rushing or receiving, 1 pt every 25 yards passing etc. Exceptions to normal scoring are as follows: All TD's are 6 points (this includes for QB's), Completions are worth 1 pt to the QB's and anyone who receives them.

Now I have the 6th pick in the draft and the 1st 4 teams all have franchise QB's they are all most likely going to keep in addition to RB's and WR's no doubt and I have one team that picks right before me that has 2 RB keepers. So with all that in mind who should I keep and why? And what position should I focus on with my 1st selection. I'm gonna guess the 1st 5 picks or so will be RB heavy with maybe a WR or QB thrown in. Most likely of the 3 I drop 2 of them will go in the 1st 5 picks possibly, I was loaded.

I'm leaning towards keeping Vick and Foster.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 08-24-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: A serious quandry - FF Keeper(s)

I would keep Charles and Foster. Gives you 2 of the top 5 RB, possibly 2 of the top 3. I think Foster is more likely to repeat his performance from last year than Vick is. Vick is prone to injury as well. Plus I think QB is deeper than RB at the elite level. You may be able to get a Romo or Schaub in the draft, which is less of a drop-off than getting a Moreno or Greene at RB, IMO.

I'd hate to lose Calvin Johnson though. I could see a case for keeping 1 of Foster or Charles and Megatron as well. That would give you a top 3-4 players at two positions, who are likely to repeat their past performances.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I'd Keep Foster and Charles. Vick's rushing totals will be canceled out by the fact that his total completions will be alot lower than some other QBs. I think you'd be able to get another QB who has much less injury risk with comparable numbers.

I would keep one of the top RBs and Calvin Johnson. Johnson is likely to put up huge numbers and you can probably find a decent number two back. Also consider how likely RBs are to miss playing time and I think Johnson is a must keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    In my fantasy football league I have 5 potential keepers but can only keep 2 of course. I think I know what I am gonna end up doing but here is the scenario, tell me Fantasy Gurus why I am wrong or tell me if you agree with my thinking.

QB - Mike Vick

RB - Arian Foster
    RB - LeSean McCoy
    RB - Jamaal Charles

WR - Calvin Johnson

Now before you make up your mind consider this. Scoring is customized but has the normal staples of 1 pt every 10 yds rushing or receiving, 1 pt every 25 yards passing etc. Exceptions to normal scoring are as follows: All TD's are 6 points (this includes for QB's), Completions are worth 1 pt to the QB's and anyone who receives them.

Now I have the 6th pick in the draft and the 1st 4 teams all have franchise QB's they are all most likely going to keep in addition to RB's and WR's no doubt and I have one team that picks right before me that has 2 RB keepers. So with all that in mind who should I keep and why? And what position should I focus on with my 1st selection. I'm gonna guess the 1st 5 picks or so will be RB heavy with maybe a WR or QB thrown in. Most likely of the 3 I drop 2 of them will go in the 1st 5 picks possibly, I was loaded.

I'm leaning towards keeping Vick and Foster.
    I'd sale high on Vick. If you can trade him for picks or anything I'd do it. I just don't think he will have as good of a year as last year and with the hype behind Philly you might get more value trading him. I would keep whichever RB you expect more from and Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

By the way, with those players, you had to have won your league last year right? That's an incredible trio of RBs, plus the best QB

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    By the way, with those players, you had to have won your league last year right? That's an incredible trio of RBs, plus the best QB
    If he is picking 6th I would have to guess he did not win his league.

I would keep Foster and Charles and then take the best WR available with your 6th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    If he is picking 6th I would have to guess he did not win his league.

I would keep Foster and Charles and then take the best WR available with your 6th pick.
    O yea. Clearly my reading comprehension is poor...

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Ya know what, I had one bad week and it was the 1st round of the playoffs. It wasn't an awful week but the guy I was playing went all ballistic on me with the best scoring week of the season. The story of my life.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it. I'd divulge more of my thinking but my bro-in-law and co-incidentally the guy who spanked me in the 1st round last year is a poster here (lockdwn11). He's now won our league 2 years in a row, and believe me he flat earned it last year.

--Woody Hayes

Ended up keeping Foster and Vick. I actually was really conflicted about my last cut of those 5 McCoy and now I know why, I knew he was gonna kill it. I just thought maybe some would have underestimated him and let him slide down to 6. Turns out it was Charles they let slide back to me who I took and then of course lost. Calvin and McCoy would have been great but McCoy would have let me down this week while Foster killed it and Vick held up well enough for me to win it all. Just thought I would update this with how it all turned out.

Now next year will be tough.

RB: Arian Foster
    RB: Ryan Matthews
    RB: Jamaal Charles

WR: Jordy Nelson
    WR: Marques Colston
    WR: Dwayne Bowe

TE: Jimmy Graham

And I will be picking 10th of course. I gotta say, right now in a PPR league I am thinking strongly about keeping Jordy Nelson over my RB's along with Graham who is a definite keeper pick. Nelson is an awesome WR who is really underrated even now IMO, I think he is arguably the most complete player at the WR position in football. And durable.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 12-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.

--Woody Hayes

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post

And I will be picking 10th of course. I gotta say, right now in a PPR league I am thinking strongly about keeping Jordy Nelson over my RB's along with Graham who is a definite keeper pick. Nelson is an awesome WR who is really underrated even now IMO, I think he is arguably the most complete player at the WR position in football. And durable.
    I think I would let Jordy go back.

You have to keep Arian Foster. At ten you'd never get him back, though you might get Jordy back. I like Nekson, but at the end of the day he is the second option there behind Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I think I would let Jordy go back.

You have to keep Arian Foster. At ten you'd never get him back, though you might get Jordy back. I like Nekson, but at the end of the day he is the second option there behind Jennings.
    Yeah good point. Graham and Foster with Nelson/Best WR and my next RB at 10 and 11 is probably the smart play.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?