Turn Off Ads?

Thread: FF Sleepers

FF Sleepers

What does everyone think about potential sleepers this year. I gotta say I like Knowshown Moreno quite a bit more this year, I know he isn't a true sleeper more of a mild one but I think his value will jump a great deal from this year to next.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: FF Sleepers

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    What does everyone think about potential sleepers this year. I gotta say I like Knowshown Moreno quite a bit more this year, I know he isn't a true sleeper more of a mild one but I think his value will jump a great deal from this year to next.
    I think McGahee will vulture a few scores from Moreno. Some of my sleepers:
    QB: Colt McCoy
    RB: Tim Hightower
    WR: Mario Manningham
    TE: Zach Miller
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I think McGahee will vulture a few scores from Moreno. Some of my sleepers:
    QB: Colt McCoy
    RB: Tim Hightower
    WR: Mario Manningham
    TE: Zach Miller
    I like Manningham myself. But just curious what do you see about Zach Millers situation that makes him a sleeper? I assume you mean the Seahawks Zach and not the Jags Zach.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

More of a hunch than anything on Miller. Not saying he'll be great but think he could be a top 5-7 TE.

More sleepers, as I look at some rankings:
    QB - Bradford, Stafford
    RB - Starks, Harrison, McGahee
    WR - Harvin, Amendola, Little
    TE - Graham, Pettigrew
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I know people will jump up and down, but I like AJ Green. He is going to be targeted. He will have some bad weeks, but I think there is potential for good value. I understand the whole don't draft a rookie thing, but I think if you can get him around #110 in a draft go for it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Nice to hear the comments on Zach Miller. I thought his numbers were trending very well, so I made him my backup TE. I might even start him over Jason Whiten if the Seahawks matchup looks favorable on a particular week. Now if Travaris Jackson can just get him the ball....

I took a leap of faith and took A.J. Green as my 3rd WR at pick #104. I thought it was worth a shot as Green looks to have tremendous potential as a star WR in the league. Again, the issue is getting him the ball. After the Carolina game, I have more faith that the Dalton-Green connection will improve over the year.
    Last edited by Eric in IL; 08-29-2011 at 10:27 AM.

I second the Hightower call. Also, I love Ben Tate in the late, late rounds. He's going to get touches in Houston, and the Foster injury only adds the liklihood.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Some sleepers I like:

- Todd Heap (ARI): Kolb loved throwing to Brent Celek in Philly, and I don't love anyone else that catches the ball in ARI other than Fitz. I feel like Heap could be a good 800/8 candidate, which is TE1 material that can be had in the very late rounds.

- Jacoby Ford (OAK): Quicker than a hiccup on a team that's going to really look to bomb the ball downfield off play-action (and the strong running of McFadden & Bush) with Campbell's arm.

- Roy Helu (WAS): Tim Hightower ain't starter material, IMO.

- Daniel Thomas (MIA): Reggie Bush ain't starter material either -- on first and second downs, I think you'll find the Dolphins looking to give the ball to Thomas between the tackles and let him pound away at defenders. Possibly a similar situation to LaGarrette Blount last season -- in for the running and out for the veteran on passing situations. Still, I like his upside, especially in keeper formats.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?