Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mike Flanagan has passed away.

Stat geek...and proud

Mike Flanagan has passed away.

59 years old. No link, sorry, I'm on my phone. One of the good guys of baseball.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: Mike Flanagan has passed away.

Too bad. I wasn't alive but O's fans I know respected the guy. 1979 Cy Young winner, I believe.

Stat geek...and proud
    C. Trent is now reporting on his CBS Sports blog that it was a suicide. And it's a weird reason if true. I don't want to believe that. I'm still on my phone, so no link again, but it's bazaar.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

This really sucks. This guy is from my time.

On ESPN this morning they interviewed Tim Kurtchen who knew him and he all but said it was suciside and that Flanagan had been very depressed.

Very sad, esp under those circumstances if that is the case. Next Sunday marks 12 years since my brother and closest of friends took his life. A huge part of me died that day too and I feel bad for Mikes family/friends that are left with unanswered questions.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?