Turn Off Ads?

Thread: It's okay to like Matt Holliday

It's okay to like Matt Holliday

If you didn't know already, a moth flew into Matt Holliday's ear and tried to kill him. This is what he had to say about the event:
    On what happened: "I was just standing there and all of a sudden there's a moth fluttering in my ear like crazy. I started shaking my head, like you do when you have water in your ear but I said, 'That's not working.' I don't think my glove was on for one pitch because I was trying to get it out ... But it was like, 'I can't handle this.' That's when I called time out."

On if he felt pain: "It wasn't killing me, but if you can imagine something that far in your ear fluttering the whole time, it's not comfortable."

On if he was worried the moth would do some real damage : "That was my concern — that it would eat through my brain. But Dr. (George) Paletta assured me that that was not possible."

On how the moth died: "There was so much wisdom that was passed on to him that he died of the overflow of wisdom from being inside my head."

On if he'll be OK going forward: "As long as there's no larvae remaining. As long as they didn't lay babies while it was in there, I'll be OK, I think."

On why he saved the moth's corpse and put it in his locker: "I figure we're friends. We've bonded."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp17003
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: It's okay to like Matt Holliday

Great stuff.
    I wonder how Carpenter might have reacted had it been him instead.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Funny guy. It is always nice to see the human side of ballplayers.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Great stuff.
    I wonder how Carpenter might have reacted had it been him instead.
    Or how he would explain it to a certain young man...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I like the storey, but I disagree that it's OK to like him.

I will conceed that it might be OK to not hate his guts.

Had it been Carpenter he'd have glared at the moth then took him to task in the tunnel in front of other moths. Then he'd have him DFA'd, traded or simply killed.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?