Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing

Re: Amazing

Couple things I left out: he is not a good bunter right now. Once in a while, he gets a good bunt down.

MVP vote: Strictly managers vote. Billy won't get it because of the numbers. His value is way too intangible for an MVP vote. And half the managers in the league only saw him for three games this season. Probably will go to Arbello of South Bend.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great stuff, 72. That's as good a scouting report as we can get on the guy. Thanks very much.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

For those who saw him a couple of times this season and were not impressed, you are right, he can look like anything but a prospect if you see him on the right day. But the full body of work...see the first post in this thread.

Great report, 72.

Makes me think he might be something special in a few years.

He and Torreyes are my absolute favorite guys right now because they do so many things that no one else does anymore. Fun to see.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    For those who saw him a couple of times this season and were not impressed, you are right, he can look like anything but a prospect if you see him on the right day. But the full body of work...see the first post in this thread.
    Agreed. But this is also why I think it would be a bad idea to try to rush him up through the system.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Oh, yes, Billy is much faster. Of course, Henderson is over 50 years old. Sorry, that's an old Ty Cobb line.

Hard to really say, you might be splitting hairs. Only a few people have ever watched Henderson and Hamilton enough to say, and their memories might be fuzzy. Was Henderson actually the fastest player? Faster than Deion? Or was he the best at knowing how to translate that speed into the art of base stealing? Billy has blazing speed, but the difference between Billy and even Theo Bowe is just a blink of the eye, but Billy has something that others don't.
    Ricky was fast...no doubt. But he wasn't the base stealer he was because of his speed. His jumps and reads off the pitchers were phenomenal. THAT'S what differentiates Henderson from the others. Now if Ricky had Hamilton's speed....Oh, Dear GOD!
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

Turn Off Ads?