Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday 8-25-11 Minor-League Game Thread

Thursday 8-25-11 Minor-League Game Thread

Today, your youthful AZL Reds continue their quest to catch the evil AZL Dodgers for first place in their division (the AZL Central, as I'm sure you knew). At the least, a victory over their complex-mates, the AZL Indians, would tighten their grip on the wildcard berth for the postseason playoffs.

This will be a considerable task, however, considering that the estimable roundballer, Lucas O'Rear, has yielded three runs in the bottom of the first.
    Last edited by mace; 08-25-2011 at 02:38 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday 8-25-11 Minor-League Game Thread

Carolina lost 5-3. Nothing heroic to note. The highlights were a pinch double by Grandal and two scoreless innings from Tim Gustafson. See what I'm sayin'?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Carolina lost 5-3. Nothing heroic to note. The highlights were a pinch double by Grandal and two scoreless innings from Tim Gustafson. See what I'm sayin'?
    Reliever Chris Mobley made his 3rd PA of the season and is batting 1.000 - two hits and one sac fly.

AZL Reds are facing off against the AZL Indians today. They currently lead their opponent by three games with four to play. A win today guarantees them at least the wildcard spot in the playoffs.

O'Rear gives up three more in the second. Walk, walk, walk, single and wild pitch produced the trifecta. Brandon Dailey lashes out the first AZL Reds hit on the afternoon. A pitching change produces a 1-2-3 bottom of the third. After three full Baby Reds trail 6 zip. O'Rear's ERA is an even 9.00 on the season. Not good.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.

AZL Reds trail 7-0 in the middle of the 8th. Two singles on the day.

Matt Klinker posted this on his twitter account a couple of hours ago.

Verdict in on the MRI - non-displaced fracture to one of my ribs. Official end to my season.

Tough way to end the season for one of my favorites in the entire organization.

Louisville slopping some Iron Pigs tonight. 5-4. Maloney on the mound. All the regulars have a hit except for Castro. Negron hit number 8 on the season. It is in the 5th.

Dayton leads Great Lakes 1 zip. Torreyes was HBP, two walks and a ground out produced a run. The Loons pitcher has struck out 8 Dragons in 4 innings. Lotzkar has hurled four shutout frames for Dayton.

-The Insider-

Apparently Klink is heading home for the final week and some change.

Torreyes drove in Bowe with a triple. 2-0 Dayton after five.

Are Wilin Rosario and Yasmani Grandal comparable prospects? It was reported that the Astros wanted Rosario OR Pomeranz for Wandy Rodriguez. I guess the next logical question is would you give up Grandal for Rodriguez?

-The Insider-

No.

How often does a guy hit two triples in a game? Torreyes.

It's now 7-0 Dayton.

Why would the Astros want a catcher? They already have Jason Castro. But to answer the question, salary constraints aside, I'd do that trade. Rodriguez is very good (and underpaid compared to the rest of the league). Grandal is still a big question mark, and Mesoraco makes him expendable.

Turn Off Ads?