Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thom Brennaman

Thom Brennaman

Been watching the Reds games lately and noticed Thom hasn't been calling any games for awhile. Is it due to football season getting ready to start?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thom Brennaman

I would say he is gearing up for football on FOX. I think he does Big 10 games too. So he probably has to be doing some promotion and other things to get ready for the season. I would imagine we won;t hear much from him the rest of the baseball season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

So, Thom is with the right team most years? Done by August?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Silly question. Do announcers have agents? Or do they negotiate their time/schedules themselves?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Silly question. Do announcers have agents? Or do they negotiate their time/schedules themselves?
    I would think most high profile announcers, like Thom, do have agents.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

IIRC Thom is actually the boss of all the Reds announcers and he is the one who sets the schedule.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    IIRC Thom is actually the boss of all the Reds announcers and he is the one who sets the schedule.
    (Thom voice) You have GOT to be kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    In his mind he thinks he's the boss.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The Reds are killing me with their complete and utter disaray in the booth, does any other team have as many announcing combos as the Reds? Does any team have as many crappy announcers as them?

Probably not, personally I find it lacking in continuity as well as talent, in fact it's downright pathetic.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    (Welsh voice) You're right about THAT, Thom!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That was perfect, I could hear just the right amount of dramatic, righteous indignation.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The Reds are killing me with their complete and utter disaray in the booth, does any other team have as many announcing combos as the Reds? Does any team have as many crappy announcers as them?
    I guess they are trying to make up with poor quality with quanity

About 3 weeks ago, I turned off the Reds radio for good (until next year).. This has been one of the worst radio announcing years ever.. We had Marty's usual railing on the players. We had Brantley's non-stop ice cream commericals. Kelch was probably the best of the worst, but he would prolong the agony by asking Brantley to elaborate on his stupid ice cream stories.. The trivia question has gotten more annoying. "Ask Marty" is the most pathetic feature ever.. I remember this one "Marty, if you had to make your own All Star Team out of former Reds players, who would you pick?"
    Marty's response was an annoyed "I don't know".. Kelch had to painfully drag it out of him. Marty can't even spend 30 seconds to think before the question is asked. At least Brantley is prepared to answer the question when he does the feature.

Also, how many times do they have to tell us that Stubbs leads the league in strikeouts.. Why do they have to update us every inning on how the REds are doing with RISP? (Although they seldom update it after a good inning).
    Last edited by REDREAD; 08-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

We could have Ken Coleman and Gordy Coleman again. I've never heard worse than Gordy. I know he was an ambassador for the team as his legacy, but an announcer he was not.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Or Tom Hedrick and Bob Waller.

I think they should have a Wheel O' Announcers on the pre-game show. They put all the announcers names on a wheel and while all the announcers are waiting Jim Day spins the wheel to see who will be announcing for TV and radio. While the wheel spins the camera can show each announcers face to see how anxious they are (or not) to do the game that night. When the wheel lands on an announcer, they go to their respective booth and Jim Day spins again until they have all the spots filled up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?