Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB Network reacts to Earthquake

Time is the Revelator.

MLB Network reacts to Earthquake

Earthquake at MLB - YouTube

Should we go somewhere?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Network reacts to Earthquake

Is there any truth to that last part? Well I assume some truth, but I can't imagine an 8.0 would just dissengrate manhatten. A ton of damage? absolutely, but they make it sound like it would just be swallowed into the atlantic. Sounds more like a tall tale to me.

That was hilarious. I take it they weren't live with a coupe cuss words going out there. Thanks for sharing.

Real responsible journalism right there. Way to calm down the public talking about the possibility of an 8.0 on New York City.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Is there any truth to that last part? Well I assume some truth, but I can't imagine an 8.0 would just dissengrate manhatten. A ton of damage? absolutely, but they make it sound like it would just be swallowed into the atlantic. Sounds more like a tall tale to me.
    I bet it would absolutely destroy that place. The buildings there aren't designed to handle medium size earthquakes, much less very large ones. A 7.0 would destroy any city here on the east coast/midwest.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

That guy who said the s word twice should be fired. ridiculous.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Was this live, or was this just a taped segment that rougely got released? I'd guess the latter but could be wrong. If it was live, above criticism is valid. If not, put the pitchforks down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    That guy who said the s word twice should be fired. ridiculous.
    Family Guy - The Freaking FCC - YouTube
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Real responsible journalism right there. Way to calm down the public talking about the possibility of an 8.0 on New York City.
    If you hear about an earthquake and tune to MLB Network for updates then you have bigger problems.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

1. I'm kinda guessing that wasn't live and they knew it. If anyone finds out this was live, then this is just fantasically awesome.

2. Much, much less than an 8.0 would knock down every old building in Manhattan. But I don't think people realize how rare those earthquakes are. This article from Columbia University estimates only a 1.5% chance that a 7.0 will hit Manhattan in any 50-year period:
    http://www.earth.columbia.edu/articles/view/2235

But it also posits that the risk of a consequential earthquake in NYC is underestimated.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    1. I'm kinda guessing that wasn't live and they knew it. If anyone finds out this was live, then this is just fantasically awesome.

2. Much, much less than an 8.0 would knock down every old building in Manhattan. But I don't think people realize how rare those earthquakes are. This article from Columbia University estimates only a 1.5% chance that a 7.0 will hit Manhattan in any 50-year period:
    http://www.earth.columbia.edu/articles/view/2235

But it also posits that the risk of a consequential earthquake in NYC is underestimated.
    I agree with everything here. There are certain neighborhoods that would be extremely susceptible to liquefaction and no doubt the damage would be severe in those neighborhoods.

I also think they were not live. You could tell after they realized they were being hit with an earthquake, they sort of shifted out of their 'professional' demeanor and started talking to one another as if they were off-air. I would be surprised if that was a live segment.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I agree with everything here. There are certain neighborhoods that would be extremely susceptible to liquefaction and no doubt the damage would be severe in those neighborhoods.

I also think they were not live. You could tell after they realized they were being hit with an earthquake, they sort of shifted out of their 'professional' demeanor and started talking to one another as if they were off-air. I would be surprised if that was a live segment.
    Sometimes they feed these shows to other facilities for production purposes while they are being taped lived. So someone could of intercepted via a homebrew satellite or microwave setup and taped it themselves.

Turn Off Ads?