Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rolen, Cairo, and Alonso

Rolen, Cairo, and Alonso

Goodbye Rolen. Its been real.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rolen, Cairo, and Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Skreep View Post
    He isn't going anywhere. While I also want to see more of Alonso, Rolen will be the Reds 3b in 2012. Don't forget he had as much to do with the 2010 NL Central title as any Red and was never really healthy in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    He isn't going anywhere. While I also want to see more of Alonso, Rolen will be the Reds 3b in 2012. Don't forget he had as much to do with the 2010 NL Central title as any Red and was never really healthy in 2011.
    and when he was healthy he was a liability at the plate outside of a week long stretch. add in he will be a little older and a little slower, it might be time to let him go. i would love to see him just retire and stay with the team helping alonso.

I believe a healthy Scott Rolen, batting 6th, is the best thing for the 2012 Reds. Part of best thing for the 2012 Reds imo, is getting both Votto and Alonso in the lineup in addition to Rolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skreep View Post
    How about Alonzo getting some work in at 3rd in Louisville? Admittitedly this will be difficult with Francisco at 3rd in Louisville. BTW, long range, I like the idea of Alonzo being at 3rd rather than Francisco, Alonzo's bat being the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I believe a healthy Scott Rolen, batting 6th, is the best thing for the 2012 Reds. Part of best thing for the 2012 Reds imo, is getting both Votto and Alonso in the lineup in addition to Rolen.
    well, lets see how the offseason goes if someone gets crazy and brings in an established LF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete4prez View Post
    How about Alonzo getting some work in at 3rd in Louisville? Admittitedly this will be difficult with Francisco at 3rd in Louisville. BTW, long range, I like the idea of Alonzo being at 3rd rather than Francisco, Alonzo's bat being the difference.
    Exactly. i do like this idea very much.

I agree, Alonso long term is a much better option than Francisco. However, Rolen is guaranteed 6+ million in 2012 so he has to factor in the equation. I really believe a trade of Alonso will occur to an AL team this offseason. Which would be ashame, because Alonso is a nice looking hitter.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Either Alonso or Votto won't be here next year. Bank on it.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Yonder goes 3-4 with a walk, a double and a bomb. He drives in 4 runs. And sits and sits. Maybe this is by design. Maybe the Reds braintrust figure he can only hurt his value from here on out by going into a slump if they play him a lot. Maybe they will pick and choose pitchers that they feel he can rake. Who knows.

Another to Miguel Cairo. The Anti-Dunn.

“I just go out there and do my job,” Cairo said. “I prepare myself. I play to win and I play hard.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Either Alonso or Votto won't be here next year. Bank on it.
    Agreed. I think we could make a decent move with one of those two leaving. Starting Pitching?

Turn Off Ads?