Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate these late season pushes when the team stands no chance

I hate these late season pushes when the team stands no chance

Seems like it happens all the time over the last 10 years

It makes the Front Office think the team is good enough the way it is, no need to add players for next season it was just injuries and bad luck that killed them this season. No need to fire Dusty, look how the team played the last 4-5 weeks of the season

It also hurts the Reds draft pick slot

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I hate these late season pushes when the team stands no chance

Reached .500 and it feels so good...LOL.

While Yonder's bat gently sleeps.

I'd like to finish on a high note. I know Walt gets a lot of heat around here, a lot of it is deserved, but I don't think anything we do from here on out is going to make him forget the holes that put us in this situation. Whether or not he does anything about them is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'd like to finish on a high note. I know Walt gets a lot of heat around here, a lot of it is deserved, but I don't think anything we do from here on out is going to make him forget the holes that put us in this situation. Whether or not he does anything about them is a different story.
    Totally agree. While I believe there are a lot of valid criticisms of the reds this year, it has now gotten to the point where they are being attacked for winning. One thread now attacks Dusty as selfish for wanting the team to win. Every time I think I've heard it all, I read something like this. I hope they keep winning, although I would like to see Alonso at third, more Sappelt and mes up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Seems like it happens all the time over the last 10 years

It makes the Front Office think the team is good enough the way it is, no need to add players for next season it was just injuries and bad luck that killed them this season. No need to fire Dusty, look how the team played the last 4-5 weeks of the season

It also hurts the Reds draft pick slot
    Sure didn't hurt when the team went on a roll in late 2009 and carried over to 2010 now did it? Personally I know that barring a miracle we aren't making the playoffs this year, but I want to win 82 or more games and finish above the Cards, if we accomplish those 2 I'll be satisfied with the year, but still let down that we didn't repeat the division, if that makes any sense!

Recovering Cubs Fan

Yeah, let's keep playing guys who have no future with the team, because playing guys like Alonso and Frazier and MESORACO every day would be like running up a white flag. Seriously, I don't get how playing cheap young guys who could fill important roster spots next year is necessarily equivalent to giving up on this year. I for one could live without Hernandez' crappy game calling right now.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

"This is the time of year you look at young players," Johnson said. "That's what you do at this time of year when you're not in a pennant race. And unfortunately, we're not in one."
    Davey Johnson gets it.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1Wc7sMo6Y

I like it because it gives young players like Yonder a chance to play....oh wait...nm...

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Can we have him back?

this is the time of the year where we must play cairo, renteria hernandez and lewis to see if they are ready for contract extensions, perhaps weathers can be reacquired

no matter the time of year and who is in the line-up I like every game the Reds win.

Baker will be fired in the offseason.

(I think over the weekend I will spread some hope by posting this in every thread. ) :o)

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    this is the time of the year where we must play cairo, renteria hernandez and lewis to see if they are ready for contract extensions, perhaps weathers can be reacquired
    We need to sign Coffey in the offseason...I heard John Franco sill throws in the upper 70's too.

Danny Graves has been playing wiffleball and still has a shutdown sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Baker will be fired in the offseason.

(I think over the weekend I will spread some hope by posting this in every thread. ) :o)
    Well, since everything I read on the internet is true then... YAY!!!

Turn Off Ads?