Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joe Morgan tries Sports Talk Radio

Joe Morgan tries Sports Talk Radio

Interviews Willie Mays, Sandy Koufax and Carlton Fisk.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...49012/1?csp=34

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Morgan tries Sports Talk Radio

Good stuff. I remember watching Koufax pitch. Got to see Mays when he came to Crosley Field (we lost 8-4), and Fisk has always been one of my all-time favorite catchers. I think he was serious when he said he was going to kick Sanders butt. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Good stuff. I remember watching Koufax pitch. Got to see Mays when he came to Crosley Field (we lost 8-4), and Fisk has always been one of my all-time favorite catchers. I think he was serious when he said he was going to kick Sanders butt. LOL
    I have grown to have tons of respect for Fisk over the years. I read an article in Baseball Digest several years back about how Fisk in his late 30's would go through intense workouts every day even after catching a DH. Bench will always be my all time favorite but he got by on incredible talent. Fisk also had great talent but he seemed to get by more so on grit, work and determination.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Stat geek...and proud
    Bringing this thread back...on a long drive I downloaded several of these interviews, and they are quite good. Joe isn't annoying ESPN Joe. The Phillips interview was hilarious. He's a funny dude, and you get the vibe that it's his true personality and he's not just playing around for the attention. I recommend it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Bringing this thread back...on a long drive I downloaded several of these interviews, and they are quite good. Joe isn't annoying ESPN Joe. The Phillips interview was hilarious. He's a funny dude, and you get the vibe that it's his true personality and he's not just playing around for the attention. I recommend it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Yep, That's what makes the interviews so entertaining, Joe isn't trying to be a Shock Joc in the mold of Andy Furman or an investigative reporter like Jim Grey.

Joe Morgan just Talks to these guys and the conversation is recorded.

Turn Off Ads?