Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yonder at 3rd Monday night

Yonder at 3rd Monday night

This is a good thing, Zo could be our 3rd baseman for the next 10 years, granted his defense will be a bit rough, but time and experiense will solve any 3rd base defensive problems.
    Last edited by Pete4prez; 08-29-2011 at 05:05 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yonder at 3rd Monday night

Did he even get any chances? lol, I had the game on but was doing a fantasy football draft too, I didn't notice anything being hit to 3rd when I was watching...

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

I don't recall him getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete4prez View Post
    but time and experiense will solve any 3rd base defensive problems.
    Right. Like it did with EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Right. Like it did with EE.
    I would've dealt with EE's defense if he had a top notch bat. The annoying thing about him was he wasn't overly effective in either area, lol.

Yonder's bat should make up for any defensive shortcomings at 1st, but it becomes a liability at 3rd.

If he can replace half of Rolen's defensive capability over there, than his bat is worth it, IMO

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Did he even get any chances? lol, I had the game on but was doing a fantasy football draft too, I didn't notice anything being hit to 3rd when I was watching...
    No chances --
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

If this were a situation where Dusty said "We will make this his new position and we will have Scott Rolen mentor him" that would be one thing......but after the game last night all Dusty had to say was.......Homer doesn't give up many ground balls to 3rd so we thought it was a good time to get his bat in the lineup.

Really? That's the message you wanna send to the kid?

God, please rid us of this complete udder 100% joke baffoon loser of a manager.

PLEASE!

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    If this were a situation where Dusty said "We will make this his new position and we will have Scott Rolen mentor him" that would be one thing......but after the game last night all Dusty had to say was.......Homer doesn't give up many ground balls to 3rd so we thought it was a good time to get his bat in the lineup.

Really? That's the message you wanna send to the kid?

God, please rid us of this complete udder 100% joke baffoon loser of a manager.

PLEASE!
    Everyone seems to want Yonder's bat in the lineup, Dusty finds a way to get it there and now you are upset. Wow, really?! I understand wanting to get rid of Dusty, but using this example you are grasping at straws.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yonder looked awesome at 3B last night. He was really dealin'.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

I like this move (kind of). 3B is not really that different than 1B it's just the other corner. Alonso has been very positive in interviews and says that this was his natural position when he was in HS. If Alonso could OPS at .850 that would make him one of the best hitting 3B in the NL. But if he gives up 40 errors and costs the team 20-30 runs in defense, that would make up for a 20-30 run gain in hitting. In fact it is hard to believe that Alonso would do 20-30 better in runs created over Todd Frazier if they each had a complete season at 3B.

alonzo is huge, in fact he may actually be big time

Could he really be worse than Adum Dunn was in LF? If it were up to me I'd stick him out there and live with the results for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Everyone seems to want Yonder's bat in the lineup, Dusty finds a way to get it there and now you are upset. Wow, really?! I understand wanting to get rid of Dusty, but using this example you are grasping at straws.
    It's the willingness to completely throw the kid under the bus that has been up in arms.

This is a manager who has had the back of legends like Corey Patterson, Willie Tavaras, Jonny Gomes & he throws our best hitting prosepct under the bus with demeaning statements like this?

Grasping for straws? Really?

I can remember exactly zero times that a manager has publicly threw the systems best prospect under the bus as much as Dusty Baker has.

And this is the guy that will be managing the kid? Really? This is the leadership you want leading the way?

Un freaking believable.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    This is a manager who has had the back of legends like Corey Patterson, Willie Tavaras, Jonny Gomes & he throws our best hitting prosepct under the bus with demeaning statements like this?
    Dusty hasn't had a good year, but this wasn't a demeaning statement and he didn't throw anyone under the bus.

On the other hand, if you're finally going to put Alonzo in a game, why do it against one of the best lefthanders in the business?

Turn Off Ads?