Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bill Bray

Bill Bray

While the bullpen wilted in the second half under the weight of overuse early, Bill Bray has prpbably had his best season as a Red. I noticed on MLB Trade Rumors that Bray has cleared waivers. I'm kind of surprised. Pretty much every contender could use another lefty in the pen. Bray is still controllable for a couple years, he could probably bring "something" in a deal. The Reds may have ideas of avoiding arb with Bray and bringing back Willis and/or trying Wood, Maloney and Horst back there. Two days to go to set play-off rosters. With plenty of guys available after Sept 1, I wonder if we may be surprised with Bray being moved. He'd bring something useful back IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bill Bray

I'd rather have Bray than any of the others you mentioned, especially if the are considering moving Chapman to starter next year.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Mnay players clear waivers, it doesn't mean there is no interest in him.

With 2 years still under team control, I doubt he is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Mnay players clear waivers, it doesn't mean there is no interest in him.

With 2 years still under team control, I doubt he is going anywhere.
    These are revocable waivers right? So, if someone claimed him, the Reds could just pull him off waivers.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegsToday View Post
    These are revocable waivers right? So, if someone claimed him, the Reds could just pull him off waivers.
    Absolutely. Some teams put every player on waivers.

Turn Off Ads?