Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Article Pointing to Jockerty - Baker Rift

Old Article Pointing to Jockerty - Baker Rift

http://redlegnation.com/2011/08/29/t...mpaign=br_reds

My Take: How much more proof does anyone need that Baker is sabatoging this team with his own agenda?

This goes way back to spring training.

His current priorities are borderline insubordination.

The owner, not Walt Jockerty, needs to step in a put an end to this NOW!

Dusty Baker loses on purpose when it fits his own personal agenda, and now that winning is not the top priority and the developement of the young players is, he's all about winning at all cost.

Pathetic. He should be fired for conduct detrimental to the organization. He should be fired for insubordination.

He is a cancer. He has already got himself so far inside the heads of the players that Walt & Bob fear an all out revolt from the players if he is fired.

Fire him and any player that wants to have an attitude toward a competent manager should be suspended indefinetly for conduct detrimental to the team.

The Reds need to take back this runaway train from Dusty Baker before the cancer spreads so far that it cannot be cut out.

It's go time now, not during the offseason, it's go time now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Old Article Pointing to Jockerty - Baker Rift

Do you seriously believe some of the stuff that you post?

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Is there a rift? Possibly.
    Is there a power struggle? Possibly.
    Is it the first time a manager and a GM failed to see eye-to-eye on issues? Nope.
    Did Dusty lose on purpose? Nope.

These opinions were brought to you by the letter K and the number 9.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'd fire Dusty just because he's stupid.

No Alonso tonight?

I was offered 4 tickets with a parking pass. When I heard Lewis and Cairo were playing and not Alonso, I passed on them.

I want to see the young guys. Not the retreads. Lewis won't even be here next year. Cairo is one of my favorites, but he's a utility guy.

This is ridiculous and the epitome of why Dusty should be replaced. What good does it do the Reds to go 82-80?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Do you seriously believe some of the stuff that you post?
    I'm just pissed as hell that we finally have enviable talent and a chance to put together a 7 to 10 year run of excellence and we are being delayed by this turd.

Every second that this abysmal failure manages this team is delaying the growth of this team.

By the time we get him outta here he may have blown a hole in the side of the ship that puts us so far behind that we can't dig out.

Epic failure.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

What amazes me is that fans dismiss the idea that as good as this team played last year, they might have possibly underachieved. Same with this year. Maybe with a better manager, better lineups, better use of the talent, better management of the starting pitching and bullpen..........maybe this team is contending again.

Maybe last year they win 100 games with a good manager. Seriously.

I actually think he is holding this team back.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post

My Take: How much more proof does anyone need that Baker is sabatoging this team with his own agenda?

How is Dusty sabatoging the team? He is putting out there the best lineup he believes in, we may not agree with that, but you can't believe he is trying to sabatog anything?

How?

Last I heard the owner likes Dusty.

Dusty Baker loses on purpose when it fits his own personal agenda, and now that winning is not the top priority and the developement of the young players is, he's all about winning at all cost.

Can you please list examples of when he lost on purpose?

Just a question...when Dusty is back next year will your head explode?

I'm just pissed as hell that we finally have enviable talent and a chance to put together a 7 to 10 year run of excellence and we are being delayed by this turd.

Every second that this abysmal failure manages this team is delaying the growth of this team.

By the time we get him outta here he may have blown a hole in the side of the ship that puts us so far behind that we can't dig out.

Epic failure.
    Just wondering how do you explain last year?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Just wondering how do you explain last year?
    Nearly everyone on this board disagrees with you.

I explain last year as a year that the team won with dramatic comebacks that had absolutely nothing to do with the manager, not one single thing to do with Dusty Baker.

This year is last year without the miracle comebacks. Now that we are required to build a record in a more conventional way, the idiotic moves of this truly pathetic manager are being exposed.

Do you have any more lay up questions?

Do you really think all the walk off wins last year had anything to do with the master stradegy of Dusty Baker? If you do then I've got some swamp land I would like to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Just a question...when Dusty is back next year will your head explode?
    No.

I will *****, complain & lobby for his dismissal with vigor.

The day he is fired will be among my greatest memories as a Reds fan.

Ken Griffey Sr would be a great replacement in my opinion.

No.

I will *****, complain & lobby for his dismissal with vigor.

The day he is fired will be among my greatest memories as a Reds fan.

Ken Griffey Sr would be a great replacement in my opinion.
    So you're here to act as spokesperson for the rest of the board on an issue that already gets enough attention as is? You haven't posted a single constructive thing about any other Reds topic since coming to the board. It's annoying.

Pathetic. He should be fired for conduct detrimental to the organization. He should be fired for insubordination.

He is a cancer. He has already got himself so far inside the heads of the players that Walt & Bob fear an all out revolt from the players if he is fired.

Fire him and any player that wants to have an attitude toward a competent manager should be suspended indefinetly for conduct detrimental to the team.

The Reds need to take back this runaway train from Dusty Baker before the cancer spreads so far that it cannot be cut out.

I quit reading after you accused someone else of having an agenda.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    What amazes me is that fans dismiss the idea that as good as this team played last year, they might have possibly underachieved. Same with this year. Maybe with a better manager, better lineups, better use of the talent, better management of the starting pitching and bullpen..........maybe this team is contending again.

Maybe last year they win 100 games with a good manager. Seriously.

I actually think he is holding this team back.
    Many (most?) think they overachieved last year, weak left side last year and this year (esp when Rolens hurt), pitching was better, luck seemed to find us, thats why most baseball people didn't have us repeating last years performance, as they thought we overachieved and got some breaks. I cant say I dissagree. There is def talent around the field, but not a solid team by any means.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Nearly everyone on this board disagrees with you.

I explain last year as a year that the team won with dramatic comebacks that had absolutely nothing to do with the manager, not one single thing to do with Dusty Baker.

This year is last year without the miracle comebacks. Now that we are required to build a record in a more conventional way, the idiotic moves of this truly pathetic manager are being exposed.

Do you have any more lay up questions?

Do you really think all the walk off wins last year had anything to do with the master stradegy of Dusty Baker? If you do then I've got some swamp land I would like to sell you.
    So, by your explanation, it is the teams fault since they did so much last year to win games and aren't doing it this year?
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Epic failure.
    Exactly right.

Turn Off Ads?