Kyle Drabek
    Brett Lawrie
    Eric Thames

Plus their top-rated prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Re: Would you consider this trade?

are you for real?

If you trade Votto you better get one heck of a player in return, I would demand a known quantity.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Bad for both sides. Blue Jays trade away their future for an expensive first baseman who won't raise them above the Yankees and Red Sox anytime soon, and the Reds trade away their playoff hopes for a bunch of unknown quantities and minor upgrades.

To trade votto to Toronto, its virtually mandatory that bautista be included for me to consider it.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yeah, what's strange to me is that most of the proposed Bautista for Votto trades include another Reds player.

Frankly, I think the Blue Jays should be including another player because Votto is younger and more well rounded than Bautista.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    are you for real?

If you trade Votto you better get one heck of a player in return, I would demand a known quantity.
    You would be getting five. Brett Lawrie doesn't interest you?

This is all speculation anyways. Toronto is too smart to do this trade, and the Reds already have a good strong nucleus of players. Nobody wants to disrupt that. I understand Votto is the cornerstone of this franchise, someone they should be building around. But what if he was in his walk year? Would you do it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Blue Jays get:

Joey Votto

Reds get:

Ricky Romero
    Kyle Drabek
    Brett Lawrie
    Eric Thames

Plus their top-rated prospect.
    I would do this trade so fast heads would spin at the border.

I don't think the Blue Jays would trade those 4....let alone their top prospect as well.

Why are we so eager to trade the best player weve seen in Cincy since the BRM era? So we will be ready for the 2014 season when AND IF Vottos contract is up. Im tired of worrying about the future of the Reds like we have been doing for the past ten seasons. We have one of the best players to ever wear a Reds uniform and everyone wants to trade him. If he leaves in 2014 we have his replacement ready so lets keep the one player in our lineup who gives us a chance to win every night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yeah, what's strange to me is that most of the proposed Bautista for Votto trades include another Reds player.

Frankly, I think the Blue Jays should be including another player because Votto is younger and more well rounded than Bautista.
    I strongly agree, I dont trade Votto for Bautista straight up, need at least one more IMO-I just think Bautista is a mirage.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I don't think the Blue Jays would trade those 4....let alone their top prospect as well.
    For a reigning MVP who seems to be getting better, signed through 2013? I would expect no less than a king's ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by plowshareredfan View Post
    Why are we so eager to trade the best player weve seen in Cincy since the BRM era? So we will be ready for the 2014 season when AND IF Vottos contract is up. Im tired of worrying about the future of the Reds like we have been doing for the past ten seasons. We have one of the best players to ever wear a Reds uniform and everyone wants to trade him. If he leaves in 2014 we have his replacement ready so lets keep the one player in our lineup who gives us a chance to win every night out.
    I agree. This thread is just for fun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by plowshareredfan View Post
    We love him, but he isn't going to stay. If we wait until next offseason, he's only signed for 1 more tear and his value dimminishes.

We would love to keep him. I love him. We can't afford him. So we better sell when he has cost certainty to the buyer, which makes his vakue higher.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I would do this trade so fast heads would spin at the border.
    Me too. If they'd throw in Bautista.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    We love him, but he isn't going to stay. If we wait until next offseason, he's only signed for 1 more tear and his value dimminishes.

We would love to keep him. I love him. We can't afford him. So we better sell when he has cost certainty to the buyer, which makes his vakue higher.
    Agreed.

I said on another thread that the Reds should make it known this offseason that every Reds player is available for the right offer. Then see if they get any other team willing to overpay for some players.

How did I know this thread was about Joey Votto before I even opened it, Joey Votto trade threads should be banned.

Turn Off Ads?