Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rule V question

-The Insider-

Rule V question

I think this has been discussed but I can't remember. Are both Henry Rodriguez and Didi Gregorouis eligible for the Rule V draft this off-season? I remember someone saying one wasn't but I can't remember which. And I'm not too sure if that's true. Can someone verify pretty please with sugar on top?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rule V question

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I think this has been discussed but I can't remember. Are both Henry Rodriguez and Didi Gregorouis eligible for the Rule V draft this off-season? I remember someone saying one wasn't but I can't remember which. And I'm not too sure if that's true. Can someone verify pretty please with sugar on top?
    The best person to answer this question just asked it, but I'll give it a shot!

According to Wikipedia:

Players are eligible for selection in the Rule 5 draft who are not on their major league organization's 40-man roster and:

– were signed at age 19 or older and have been in the organization for four years; or

– were signed at age 18 or younger and have been in the organization for five years.

Both fall in to the 18 and younger category. If Venezuelan/Dominican summer league time counts, then H-Rod would be eligible but not Didi, otherwise, neither would.

-The Insider-

Didi was signed in 2007 if I'm not mistaken, right? Wouldn't that make him eligible as both played their first year in 2007?

And yea, I'm usually right on the money but international players are sometimes tricky.

-The Insider-

Nevermind, Didi was signed in 2008. So it's on Rodriguez who is eligible.

-The Insider-

And for that matter, Rodriguez wasn't signed until March of 2007 so he may not be eligible as well.

Turn Off Ads?