Turn Off Ads?

Thread: lewis, renteria, cairo

lewis, renteria, cairo

Which of these prospects are you most excited about?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: lewis, renteria, cairo

Zero.

Teams like the Giants cut ties with players that are not part of their future plans and we continue to run them out in the starting lineup each night.

Hopefully only Cairo is back for next year, time to move on.

I spoke too soon, Fred Lewis was just out righted to AAA. Now we are rolling!

Way too late though. He's just been a waste of time for the last month

oh my, I heard the spray chart shows that lewis is solid, huge even potentially big time

Cozart is hurt and Janish is terrible. There's nothing wrong with Renteria playing at SS.

Cairo seems to be splitting time with Frazier since Rolen is hurt. I'd rather see Frazier get more PT, but I'm not going to complain about it. Fransisco is coming up today so that just adds another player in the mix there.

I think they were getting a last look at Lewis, and if he would be worth bringing back for next season. He isn't. Heisey is back today and I hope he'll get the bulk of the PT in LF. Of all of the potential in house LF solutions that we have, Heisey is the only one that I think could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Cozart is hurt and Janish is terrible. There's nothing wrong with Renteria playing at SS.

Cairo seems to be splitting time with Frazier since Rolen is hurt. I'd rather see Frazier get more PT, but I'm not going to complain about it. Fransisco is coming up today so that just adds another player in the mix there.

I think they were getting a last look at Lewis, and if he would be worth bringing back for next season. He isn't. Heisey is back today and I hope he'll get the bulk of the PT in LF. Of all of the potential in house LF solutions that we have, Heisey is the only one that I think could do it.
    Agree 100% with this. Cairo has been a very solid player and deserves a little PT in my opinion, and agree 100% about Renteria playing. Janish is a waste of space that will never amount to anything so I don't consider him a prospect either, hes just awful.
    My major gripe is that they aren't playing Yonder at 3B or LF, but it makes absolutely no sense to not have him there at this point. If he needs to work on it, what better time than right now, to see if he can hack it or not. I wouldn't really want to start the process at the beginning of next season.

Lewis was sent to AAA today

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Lewis was sent to AAA today
    Oops. Thought I was in the game thread.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I heard Lewis broke Dusty's toothpick on his way out the door.

dusty gave lewis some extra toothpicks on his way out and told Lewis, dont worry you will start next season, or at least platoon with terry crowley

Cairo...GREAT utility man. But Duh-Sty thinks he is an everyday 3rd baseman to the detriment of the team for some reason......

Turn Off Ads?