Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thursday 9-1-11 Minor League Updates

Thursday 9-1-11 Minor League Updates

Rough night for Corcino and Dayton . . . Well, it was 7-0, but suddenly it's 7-4. Lutz (up to .297) and Vidal have two hits. No steals yet for Hamilton, after six.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday 9-1-11 Minor League Updates

Our old buddy Sean Henry is 3-4 for Mississippi with a HR, SB and outfield assist. Carolina trails 7-3 in the eighth. Brodie Greene was a late entry into the game. Campbell, Gregorius and Puckett have two hits.
    Last edited by mace; 09-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Billings scored 2 in the first and liked it so much they scored 2 more in the second. Bryson Smith, last night's cyclist, has a 2-run HR. The lead is certain to last for at least as long as Cingrani stays in the game.

Steve Selsky has joined the Mustangs from the AZL Reds.
    Last edited by mace; 09-01-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Good heavens, Cingrani gave up three runs. Unprecedented.

Amazing stat of the evening: Juan Duran has 351 AB. He has struck out 148 times. I'd figure out his K-rate but I'm too lazy to take off my shoes.

Bryson "Cycle" Smith homered his first time up but has been replaced in the lineup.

What an idiot Billy Hamilton is. Batting for the last time of the night, still in need of a stolen base, the dope hits a home run.

And as if that weren't crazy enough, Torreyes struck out. Dayton's comeback falls short, 7-5.

Torreyes was obviously in a state of shock.

Things return to normal as Cingrani hangs three zeroes on the scoreboard. 5-3 Billings after five.

LaMarre also pinch-ran late in the Carolina game. I have a feeling the Bakersfield guys must have arrived around the sixth inning or so. Kyle McCulloch (pitcher) pinch-hit in the fifth.

Mudcats lost 9-3.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Amazing stat of the evening: Juan Duran has 351 AB. He has struck out 148 times. I'd figure out his K-rate but I'm too lazy to take off my shoes.
    I think the only hope for Duran is if he teaches Torreyes how to get taller.

Eric Surkamp is pitching against Bakersfield tonight. He leads Serrano 1-0 in the second.

Billings holds on against Helena 7-4.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    LaMarre also pinch-ran late in the Carolina game. I have a feeling the Bakersfield guys must have arrived around the sixth inning or so. Kyle McCulloch (pitcher) pinch-hit in the fifth.

Mudcats lost 9-3.
    They were here before game time. They just flew basically all night.

Turn Off Ads?