Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2011 Thread

Re: UK Football 2011 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I wonder if they're going to poach Tee Martin, Sea Ray?
    You can keep Tee Martin and Randy Sanders. UT can do better

2. Turn Off Ads?

I will agree to that.

part of BBN

Nice day today with a couple of late unexpected signees.
    I like Towles. Sort of think of Couch watching this:

Patrick Towles Highlights 1 - YouTube

Just remembered this is 2011 thread. Duh !

Plus we got Mookie Blaylocks twin DBs Zack and Daron.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

There's a kid from my neck of the woods who signed with Big Blue today. Cody Quinn, CB from Middletown High.

I think he's too small to be an SEC CB. He's listed at 5'10 175 but that would appear to be generous.

But I think he makes an impact on special teams, specifically the return game, almost immediately. Seems like a real good kid too. I hope he tears it up down there.

He certainly had some other nice offers on the table, but decided to go to Lexington.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Recruiting's so tough in the SEC. UK had an OK class but only Vanderbilt and Ole Miss rank lower according to Scout.com. UK got quantity but not quality. No 5 or 4 star athletes. Penn State quality of player based on stars was higher than UK and they had a horrible class for obvious reasons.

My Volunteers lost two recruits due to their issues but it could have been worse. I'll take it. They're now loaded with WRs for our gunslinger QB to fling the ball to

Those 4 stars haven't been doing much for Dooley and Eww T.

Btw, Towles IS a 4 star...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Those 4 stars haven't been doing much for Dooley and Eww T.

Btw, Towles IS a 4 star...
    Not according to scout:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=4874259

Of course Tyler Bray was a 3 star recruit and he was better as a freshman than five star recruit Jonathan Crompton was as a senior for UT

I was going by Rivals... Scout actually ranks UK's class higher than Rivals, strangely.

IDK, it's much more about how they're coached up once they get on campus, something I'm not too confident about with Joker and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Recruiting's so tough in the SEC. UK had an OK class but only Vanderbilt and Ole Miss rank lower according to Scout.com. UK got quantity but not quality. No 5 or 4 star athletes. Penn State quality of player based on stars was higher than UK and they had a horrible class for obvious reasons.

My Volunteers lost two recruits due to their issues but it could have been worse. I'll take it. They're now loaded with WRs for our gunslinger QB to fling the ball to
    Stars is nice, but teams such as Florida State and Texas get top recruits year in and year out. It's what you do with them that ultimately matter.

Living in West Virginia, I follow the Mountaineers as well. They got three four-star recruits and the rest are three star. I have more faith in Dana Holgorsen to get more out of his recruits than I do in Joker Phillips to get the most out of his. It's all in the coaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Stars is nice, but teams such as Florida State and Texas get top recruits year in and year out. It's what you do with them that ultimately matter.

Living in West Virginia, I follow the Mountaineers as well. They got three four-star recruits and the rest are three star. I have more faith in Dana Holgorsen to get more out of his recruits than I do in Joker Phillips to get the most out of his. It's all in the coaching.
    Indeed coaching's very important. I think UC has gotten an enormous amount out of their recruits

part of BBN

One service had UK's class ranked 31st nationally but 11th in SEC.

I knew you were underselling Tee Martin, Sea Ray. He was hired away yesterday by Southern Cal to assume the same position he occupied at UK (WR Coach). I do think your next staff after Dooley is fired will try to hire him back away from USC. He just destroys it in the south. At UT he would be a recruiting juggernaut. LOL - hopefully he'll stay at USC.

Things continue to look bleaker and bleaker under Joker Phillips.

Seeing Mike Leach at Washington State is just depressing. Maybe we can trade Mitch Barnhardt for Leach??!

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    There's a kid from my neck of the woods who signed with Big Blue today. Cody Quinn, CB from Middletown High.
    I'm late to the party, but that's pretty cool!

I'm actually from Carlisle, and we rarely if ever send athletes to big college programs, so seeing kids from Middletown and Springboro (they can boast an NFL and an MLB athlete, not bad!) make the next level always makes me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'm late to the party, but that's pretty cool!

I'm actually from Carlisle, and we rarely if ever send athletes to big college programs, so seeing kids from Middletown and Springboro (they can boast an NFL and an MLB athlete, not bad!) make the next level always makes me happy.
    No way! Hey, Carlisle had an NBA guy. (Bill Edwards -- Although he really wasn't actually from Carlisle. His son, Vince is tearing it up for the Middies on the court now.) I'm a Madison Mohawk myself.

You need to get home and see the Jalin Marshall kid QB for the Middies. He's absurd. Actually you can just youtube him, but you still need to see him in person.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?