Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2011 Thread

Re: UK Football 2011 Thread

Not having watched Kentucky much this year, I can now see why UK fans are upset. They played today like they didn't have a pulse.

Vanderbilt is now 4-34 in November since 2001.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So does Joker survive to season 3? Tennessee is pretty awful this year, and Kentucky couldn't fire a coach fresh off the first win over the Vols in 30 years. Is that his only hope?

With Mitch Barnhart calling the shots, I have zero confidence he will make the correct call.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    With Mitch Barnhart calling the shots, I have zero confidence he will make the correct call.
    Same here, the fans want Mike Leach but I don't see it happening.

Barnhardt, UK's Athletic Director, was left out of the Calipari negotiations for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK football is embarrassing again. Awesome job, Barnhart.

Keep improving those sports no one gives a damn about and let football continue to sink.

You know, if the decision hadn't been taken out of his hands, we wouldn't have Cal right now. I so wish Kansas had hired him.

How do you know Joker is bad?

He lost to Will Muschamp.
    Go Gators!

part of BBN

I dont see MB doing anything about Joker this season.
    What I am also thinking is after yesterday's sleepwalking debacle, and next game's more than likely beatdown by Georgia, Joker will use this as a reason to go back to Newton for the UT game.
    In my opinion, Newton's ship has sailed. We know what he can do. He's a junior.
    As far as yesterday.....getting beat like that by Georgia,LSU etc is expected. By Vanderbilt is embarrassing.

Joker has destroyed the UK program quicker than Billy Curry did back in the 90's. He obviously in over his head and will never get it done at UK. There is some talk of a lot of season ticket holders not renewing for next season. If they actually do follow through on this threat maybe something will be done. But I doubt it. Joker will be back next season and a 1-11 season awaits.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Joker has destroyed the UK program quicker than Billy Curry did back in the 90's. He obviously in over his head and will never get it done at UK. There is some talk of a lot of season ticket holders not renewing for next season. If they actually do follow through on this threat maybe something will be done. But I doubt it. Joker will be back next season and a 1-11 season awaits.
    If this was the basketball program, something would be done about it. Its a shame though, because I have found myself following WVU more this season than the Cats.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Hats off to the UK defense who turned in an excellent game against Georgia. The offensive line though got pushed around big time.
    I have a feeling Bray will pick them apart but I hope I'm wrong. My feeling is Joker will return but this team has began a sad downward spiral. I used to say UK fans arent hard to please. We want "6 wins and a bowl".
    Then we get 5 straight bowls and all of sudden, we want a better bowl and not a lesser bowl.
    Well, now the bowl streak is over and other things are going on. Vandy is improving ( they always counted as a win) and plus A&M and Missouri are moving in. No those 2 teams arent like LSU and Bama etc but they certainly are ahead of KY.
    I actually heard someone on a local radio station saying to not forget what Brooks record was his first 3 years. Wow. Due to scholarship reductions, plus the fact Joker took over a team when the program was at a high it isnt hasnt seen in sometime, says the circumstances were totally different.
    I have nothing personally against Joker but I just cant see this team improving next season especially taking Guy and Trevathon away from the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Hats off to the UK defense who turned in an excellent game against Georgia. The offensive line though got pushed around big time.
    I have a feeling Bray will pick them apart but I hope I'm wrong. My feeling is Joker will return but this team has began a sad downward spiral. I used to say UK fans arent hard to please. We want "6 wins and a bowl".
    Then we get 5 straight bowls and all of sudden, we want a better bowl and not a lesser bowl.
    Well, now the bowl streak is over and other things are going on. Vandy is improving ( they always counted as a win) and plus A&M and Missouri are moving in. No those 2 teams arent like LSU and Bama etc but they certainly are ahead of KY.
    I actually heard someone on a local radio station saying to not forget what Brooks record was his first 3 years. Wow. Due to scholarship reductions, plus the fact Joker took over a team when the program was at a high it isnt hasnt seen in sometime, says the circumstances were totally different.
    I have nothing personally against Joker but I just cant see this team improving next season especially taking Guy and Trevathon away from the defense.
    I hear people say this and I just cringe.

Kentucky was coming off probation in the most unforgiving conference in college sports. Brooks was building his own program and installing his own system. Of course there is going to be struggles.

Joker Phillips job was to continue what Rich Brooks started. That is where he has failed. The system is in place. Joker isn't doing anything new, he is working off of the Rich Brooks platform and not getting the job done.

I am so sick of watching us try to play a pro style offense with 3 star athletes/players in the SEC.

Looks like Rich Rodriguez is going to be a Wildcat.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...iguez-15001809

Just not Kentucky.

I am setting the over-under at 55,000 fans in attendance for Saturday's UT vs. UK game at Commonwealth Stadium.

What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I am setting the over-under at 55,000 fans in attendance for Saturday's UT vs. UK game at Commonwealth Stadium.

What say you?
    Under. I think UK fans are extremly apathetic about this team and moreso the coaching regime. They just aren't going to go out and watch two poor teams play one another.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?