Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Votto again tomorrow (9/3)

No Votto again tomorrow (9/3)

Per the Reds Twitter Account

Reds ‏@Reds
    1B Joey Votto will make another rehab appearance tomorrow for Louisville vs Indianapolis at 1:05 p.m. in the Bats’ final game of the season.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No Votto again tomorrow (9/3)

Saw he had an opposite field homer last night. He'll be back soon enough.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I have no factual basis for this but, I'm beyond worried about Joey Votto for the remainder of 2012
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I have no factual basis for this but, I'm beyond worried about Joey Votto for the remainder of 2012
    That really doesn't make sense since he's been playing and hitting. If there was an issue, he wouldn't be on a rehab assignment playing. I look at the delay as a luxury due to the team's performance.

Reds are being realistic. They now have a huge lead in the division. Next time they really will need Votto is October.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I agree with the sentiment that the next time the Reds need Votto is in the playoffs.

But my Inner Alarmist insists on pointing out that we don't just need Votto in October; we need Votto to BE VOTTO in October. We need him in midseason form in October, not putting up April numbers.

So ummm, I can't sign off on this idea of just sitting him and not dropping him into the line-up till the playoffs. I think what we need to do is to invent something new for Votto: call it Fall Training. Half games and days off for the next two weeks, just like we're in Arizona.

But then, for the last 2 weeks of the year? Unless there's something about the knee we dont' know about, he better be out there more days than not, getting his April out of the system before games start to count again....

Rick

FREE VOTTO
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Obviously, he's not ready yet. They'll bring him back when he is ready. Patience is a trait seldom found in a woman and never in a man. Or so says my wife.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

It's a little odd. It seems as if he is directing his rehab, worried about where his hitting is before coming back, so, whatever, hopefully another day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Next time they really will need Votto is October.
    They need him in October but he needs to be at the top of his game by then, otherwise he might be of little help.

I think he will be fine but it may take 2 weeks or more, no reason to rush yet, but it's close.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I just think it all boils down to Votto's meticulous nature. He still doesnt' feel "right", probably not physically nor mentally. So, why not take another day? Especially since the club has the largest lead in baseball...

Until this guy has to go first to third or score from second base on a sharp single to left field he is not going to feel comfortable. Perhaps one of these scenarios will happen in his next rehab game. The intelligence of the this player is part of what we love about him. But it is probably the part of his game is interfering right now. I have a ticket for Monday's game and was looking forward to giving Joey a standing-o for his first ab. But I am ok with waiting another day or two to let him get himself ready just as well.

As for the mid-season form concerns, this guy could literally wake up from a nap and crush a fastball in the middle of January. He's not going to need more than a handful of ab's to be at the top of his game. Spring training is for pitchers.

RZ, in general, is neurotic.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    RZ, in general, is neurotic.
    Quarter of a billion dollar investment by an organization that is a depressingly large part of my life. I'm jumping on Twitter if I catch wind he's stubbed his toe.

This is the last day of the regular season for the minors. So after today he is pretty much going to have to come up because he will have no place to rehab.

Haunted by walks

I think ir's charming, compared with the arrogance and sense of entitlement of some teams' fans.

Turn Off Ads?