Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

Re: Big East Football

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post

Also, the only reason UofL isn't #1 in attendance is Frankfort wouldn't allow (help pay for) Louisville to build an arena with more seats than Rupp.
    Good one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Believe me, there are a lot of Card fans who would love for Ole Tricky Rick to be run out of town. The difference is Tom Jurich would NEVER hire Andy Kennedy.

Also, the only reason UofL isn't #1 in attendance is Frankfort wouldn't allow (help pay for) Louisville to build an arena with more seats than Rupp.
    I don't want to involve UK debate in this thread (already doing it on the Ohio State thread), so heres my response in the UK thread.

http://redszone.com/forums/showthrea...75#post2506575
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Someone watch the video of the "touchdown" just given to USF, and try to explain to me that the fix isn't in against WVU.

USF seems determined to figure out that fade from the 3 yard line. What horrible play calling.

The officiating in this game is absolutely 100% unexplainable.

The Bearcats still have a shot. USF up 7 in the 4th quarter.

USF is killing me haha. It's so hard to root for a team that is constantly finding ways to screw things up.

Well thanks for nothing South Florida. At least they're consistent with making enough mistakes to lose. I dunno who coaches them, but they don't resemble a well coached team in any way.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm a Bearcats fan, but I'm going to be totally happy with a loss on Saturday because it will deny the hillbillies a shot at representing the Big East in a BCS bowl.

They're suing to leave, but happy to take the bowls lot and media coverage. Screw that.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm a Bearcats fan, but I'm going to be totally happy with a loss on Saturday because it will deny the hillbillies a shot at representing the Big East in a BCS bowl.

They're suing to leave, but happy to take the bowls lot and media coverage. Screw that.
    Screw you and your $hitty skyline chilli.

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
    Last edited by will5979; 12-02-2011 at 12:00 AM.

I'd rather have a team that's part of the Big East representing the conference as opposed to a team that's engaging in litigation AGAINST the conference as the representative.

Give the Mounties a free national TV game to help their B12 recruiting? No way.

I'd rather have a team that's part of the Big East representing the conference as opposed to a team that's engaging in litigation AGAINST the conference as the representative.

Give the Mounties a free national TV game to help their B12 recruiting? No way.
    Because UC has been such a strong endorsement for the Big East in BCS games.

The Big East might not have AQ status if it wasn't for WVU. And WVU had zero choice but to leave the Big East after what Pitt and Syracuse pulled.

That being said:

Let's Go UC - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Because UC has been such a strong endorsement for the Big East in BCS games.

The Big East might not have AQ status if it wasn't for WVU. And WVU had zero choice but to leave the Big East after what Pitt and Syracuse pulled.
    It absolutely had a choice. It made the choice that best fit it's situation. Good for them. They'll have to bring in a few pickups full of mattresses and burning couches to store all the money they'll be making in the Big 12.

As a result, I don't want to see them representing the Big East in the BCS -- even if it means a Cincinnati loss on Saturday. Sorry, they aren't conference members any longer as far as I'm concerned and I don't want them using the conference's AQ slot to benefit themselves financially and on the field.

Look at it this way -- it'll be good for WVU to go to a mid-tier bowl. Gotta get the fans amped up for those games considering they'll never see a BCS bowl again once they have to start competing with Texas, Oklahoma, and Okie "T. Boone Pickens" State every year.

It absolutely had a choice. It made the choice that best fit it's situation. Good for them. They'll have to bring in a few pickups full of mattresses and burning couches to store all the money they'll be making in the Big 12.

As a result, I don't want to see them representing the Big East in the BCS -- even if it means a Cincinnati loss on Saturday. Sorry, they aren't conference members any longer as far as I'm concerned and I don't want them using the conference's AQ slot to benefit themselves financially and on the field.

Look at it this way -- it'll be good for WVU to go to a mid-tier bowl. Gotta get the fans amped up for those games considering they'll never see a BCS bowl again once they have to start competing with Texas, Oklahoma, and Okie "T. Boone Pickens" State every year.
    Truthfully, I don't blame you at all for the way you feel. I just don't think its reasonable at all to expect WVU to stay in the Big East after what happened with Pitt and Syracuse.

Turn Off Ads?