Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Big East Football

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Truthfully, I don't blame you at all for the way you feel. I just don't think its reasonable at all to expect WVU to stay in the Big East after what happened with Pitt and Syracuse.
    And honestly, I'd be a lot less hostile if they weren't acting like a bunch of entitled DBs and suing the conference to be let out early.

Pitt's waiting. Syracuse is waiting. WVU thinks they're special.

Hence: Screw 'em.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lay down on Saturday UC. C'mon, take one for the team! We can't have WV representing the Big East in the Orange Bowl!

Whooooooo!

Feels good to be the hated ones again, when people boo and hate you, you know you're the man!

And ta be tha man, ya gotta beat tha man, Cincy failed to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Whooooooo!

Feels good to be the hated ones again, when people boo and hate you, you know you're the man!

And ta be tha man, ya gotta beat tha man, Cincy failed to do so!
    So, are you still the man if UC losses this weekend? Just asking.

None of the three really beat the man, since they're all 1-1 against each other. Unless of course UC loses. Then Louisville will be the man, because they'll have beaten the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Truthfully, I don't blame you at all for the way you feel. I just don't think its reasonable at all to expect WVU to stay in the Big East after what happened with Pitt and Syracuse.
    You know, I seem to remember a former WVU coach suing to be let out of his contract early. And the answer WVU gave was "A contract is a contract"

I think he said the same thing after WVU sued to get out of the conference:

College Football - West Virginia Moving On - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It's fine if WV wants to leave the Big East but why can't they do it w/i the rules? Why do lawsuits have to be part of the process?

The South Florida coching was atrocious. They couldn't seem to figure out how many men to send in on defense and why call a play, like on that last big pass play from WV 0:13s left, where you only rush two men? What D coordinator even has that in his playbook?

The probable worst team in the SEC, Tennessee (wow how much do I enjoy saying that), beat UC by over 20 points... AND, IMO, along with WV, UC is probably most deserving of representing the Big Easy in their BCS Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    So, are you still the man if UC losses this weekend? Just asking.
    Blah blah blah, just having some fun jawing.

I just don't want Louisville in the Orange Bowl, I hate those DBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    And honestly, I'd be a lot less hostile if they weren't acting like a bunch of entitled DBs and suing the conference to be let out early.

Pitt's waiting. Syracuse is waiting. WVU thinks they're special.

Hence: Screw 'em.
    ACC doesn't care, big 12 needs someone now. If SEC took FSU or Va Tech (for example) I guarentee you Pitt or Syracuse would be doing the same thing. The ones everyone should be pissed off at is the idiots who have been ruining I mean running the Big East.

By the time we get out of the 27 months the opportunity may not be there hence why WVU sued Marinatto and trying to get him away from the Providence All you can eat buffet table and to the negotiation table.
    Last edited by Slyder; 12-02-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The probable worst team in the SEC, Tennessee (wow how much do I enjoy saying that), beat UC by over 20 points... AND, IMO, along with WV, UC is probably most deserving of representing the Big Easy in their BCS Bowl.
    For what it's worth, Tennessee was not the worst team in the SEC when they beat UC. A pre-injury Bray with Justin Hunter is a completely different team than the squad UK beat on Sat. Of course that still doesn't change the fact that the Big East has been a giant pile of awful this year.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    ACC doesn't care, big 12 needs someone now. If SEC took FSU or Va Tech (for example) I guarentee you Pitt or Syracuse would be doing the same thing. The ones everyone should be pissed off at is the idiots who have been ruining I mean running the Big East.

By the time we get out of the 27 months the opportunity may not be there hence why WVU sued Marinatto and trying to get him away from the Providence All you can eat buffet table and to the negotiation table.
    Believe me, I can't tell you how badly my day would be ruined if West Virginia missed a valuable opportunity to be a punching bag for Texas and Oklahoma in the B12.

And really, any anger I have towards the Big East and Marinatto is mitigated by the understanding that he really had no good options in this situation. It was a conference held together by duct tape and nonsense from the very start, and the only way it could get stronger was by somehow convincing teams to leave more stable situations to join everyone at the misfits table. Not gonna happen.

I think it's amusing when Pitt, Syracuse and WVU fans all cry about the state of the Big East when they, themselves, are responsible for the situation. It reeks of the "You made me do this!" defense to claims of abuse.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Believe me, I can't tell you how badly my day would be ruined if West Virginia missed a valuable opportunity to be a punching bag for Texas and Oklahoma in the B12.

And really, any anger I have towards the Big East and Marinatto is mitigated by the understanding that he really had no good options in this situation. It was a conference held together by duct tape and nonsense from the very start, and the only way it could get stronger was by somehow convincing teams to leave more stable situations to join everyone at the misfits table. Not gonna happen.

I think it's amusing when Pitt, Syracuse and WVU fans all cry about the state of the Big East when they, themselves, are responsible for the situation. It reeks of the "You made me do this!" defense to claims of abuse.
    WVU wasn't the one that in the middle of the night slipped out the back door like the Baltimore Colts to get out of town, we only began looking after Va Tech, Miami, BC, Pitt, and Syracuse left the Big East and the basketball schools wouldn't let football thrive (goto 12). And with TCU that was coming the best the Big East could come up with for a 10th team was Nova? Seriously? I can name 5 schools that would kill for an opportunity at the BcS table and provide some value from CUSA/MWC.

The ACC is no more stable now than the Big East, roles would be reversed if the Big East would have had ANY leadership, as soon as the TV contract bubbles pop they are going to be looked down upon because they are more worried about basketball meanwhile SEC, Big 12, Big 10, and PAC 12 actually produce numbers to merit theirs mostly. Its why when you look at the teams that have moved why the Big 10 took Nebraska even though Missouri arguably adds more tv and $. The Big 10 realized there is a market need for a quality program. The SEC on the other hand already has the quality by the boatload (Fla, Ga, LSU, Ala, Aub, etc) so they could afford to take the program that doesn't have the quality but adds more opportunities for viewers (Missouri and Texas A&M).

PAC 12 got snookered a bit when they thought they were getting Texas, OK, and Juniors took Colorado because they didn't want Baylor. And they still have USC, Stanford, Oregon, Washington (when good) to build a foundation of football on. The ACC has 3 programs that anyone cares about Va Tech, FSU, and Clemson (when good) the rest of their football programs are garbage. This is shown by attendance just look at anyone besides those 3 theyre half full. Heck one year in the title game there was like 24k... thats WRETCHED. Someone showed a photo of the USF game and it looked like there was still more people there than your average ACC game.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Blah blah blah, just having some fun jawing.

I just don't want Louisville in the Orange Bowl, I hate those DBs.
    So I can't have fun jawing back? I don't even have a horse in this race.

Turn Off Ads?