Thread: Big East Football

Re: Big East Football

Go Blue! Eff Brian Kelly.

That is all.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Horrid playcalling by Jones to try and out-muscle Tennessee for 2 straight 4th and short conversions.

Newsflash, Coach -- even the worst SEC school has bigger, stronger, and faster players than you do. You cannot simply match up with them and go head to head, you have to out scheme them.

The more I see of Butch Jones, the more I realize that he's absolutely not the answer for UC.
    4th and short is a well known weakness of the spread. A spread team probably does need to throw on those downs but that's not generally what you want to see. Hopefully Jones will realize that he has a spread team and coach accordingly in the future

Actually, I thought UC looked pretty good and I think they'll do well in Big East competition. They were a step slow vs UT and the Vols offense was well coached and has a QB with a rocket arm, yet the UC defenders were just a step short. This Vos team is better than we've seen in many years. As the year goes on, UC's loss will not look so bad

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Another Big Weekend for the Big East. Five games vs. AQ teams, and they are all winnable (and; unfortunately, losable). If the Big East plays like it did last week, it will once again be the laughing-stock of college football. This is getting hard watch and defend as a Big East fan.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Another Big Weekend for the Big East. Five games vs. AQ teams, and they are all winnable (and; unfortunately, losable). If the Big East plays like it did last week, it will once again be the laughing-stock of college football. This is getting hard watch and defend as a Big East fan.
    Take some tips from the Big Ten fans. They're good at defending sub par play in non conference games.

UConn tonight looks like your typical Paulie Pasq team. Good defense and cant do jack with the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The Big East is awful. As a Louisville fan, I'm sad that my team is (a) contributing to the suck and (b) cannot take advantage of it to garner some cheap BCS appearances (see, e.g., UConn 2011 Fiesta Bowl).

Well at least we've established that UC is plenty good enough to destroy REALLY bad football teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well at least we've established that UC is plenty good enough to destroy REALLY bad football teams.
    I think UC is pretty good and will do well in Big East play. They'll go as far as their defense can take them

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The goal now should be to win the final Big East Championship trophy, so you can claim to be the champion for the rest of time.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Should the title of this thread be changed to "The Conference Formerly Known as the Big East Football" or maybe "Vacant"?

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

The Big East had a mediocre weekend on the field (my Cards got a big win), but that is no longer as important as realignment. Ugh!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Nice win for the Cats...

jredmo2

Maybe Bill Simmons will stump for UC to not get left out of the shuffle, since UC is his favorite team.
    @sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
    I finally have a favorite college football team: Cincy plays the "Halloween" theme when they need a stop on D at home. SOLD
    !

That was a big win for UC. To do that on national tv to another BCS school is awesome, even if NC State sucks.

Rumor out of New Jersey and various sources on twitter...

I get my wish of WVU to SEC announcement this weekend.

Another rumor is Louisville to the Big 12 what that means to me is they are almost certainly going back to 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?