Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

Re: Big East Football

Anyone that has kids...DO you guys really believe your kids aren't exposed to this type of behavior/language while attending Jr. High School?

And yes I'm a father myself. I have taken my kids to several games, when exposed to that type of behavior I tell my kids to just ignore the drunks, you'll have that at many football games/races!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Anyone that has kids...DO you guys really believe your kids aren't exposed to this type of behavior/language while attending Jr. High School?

And yes I'm a father myself. I have taken my kids to several games, when exposed to that type of behavior I tell my kids to just ignore the drunks, you'll have that at many football games/races!
    Just my opinion, but teenagers talking about boobs and dropping as many 4 letter words as possible is a little bit different. There's enough violence and idiots at football games for most parents to keep their younger kids away.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I gave up my Bengals season tickets several years ago because I was tired of dealing with drunk morons. I don't have kids, but there is no chance in hell I would ever take a child to an NFL game.

There needs to be a serious crackdown on the alcohol consumption at these events. Most of the "fans" are drunk before the game ever starts, it's pathetic.
    I don't drink, never have, never will.... but if I did, I would be drunk before the game starts too, if I were the kind who were to get drunk. You can buy a 12 back for less than the price of three drinks at the game.

Of course the whole culture of football games is a bit ridiculous, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I gotta tell ya, I went to my first UC football game every yesterday. My brother has a great job with adidas, and I had 7th row seats on the 50 yard line. It was horrific. The drunk UC fans fought with the drunk WVU fans the entire game, and I was caught in the middle of it. It was so bad, I left at halftime. It was atrocious. Cops came, warned both sides, to no avail. It was embarassing. I'll never go back.
    I'm sorry to hear this. I've sworn off going to Bengals games for the same reason. Having missed only three UC home football games in five years, I can honestly say that what you experienced is not the norm for UC home games, except for when WVU comes to town.

One of those games I missed was WVU at Nippert in 2007, but have been to the 2005, 2009 and this weekend's games. All have been horrible environments due to combative drunks and completely opposite to the usual environment. As much as I want to lay this at the hands of the WVU fans, I cannot since it seems fans from both sides were willing to stoop to that level. I'm looking forward to the day when WVU no longer visits Cincinnati, if only because WVU brings out the worst in UC fans.

Consider sending your comments to the Athletic Director: bearcat.ad@uc.edu
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-14-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    No, the atmosphere is idiotic. Heck, the guy two seats over from me had a little girl about 7 or 8 that was subjected to morons from both sides screaming some of the most vulgar back and forth language I've heard. Ever.
    Really sorry to hear that hebron. The section I was in had a good mix of West Virginia and UC fans. Everyone got along very well and just enjoyed the game. At the top of my section there was a group of the roughest looking West Virginia fans you could imagine. As we filled out of the stadium, I ended up chatting with one of the guys about how good of a game it was. Nice as could be. I hope your experience was the exception and mine wasn't.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Louisville Players Weren’t Prepared For Pitt Because They Were Busy With The New Call Of Duty Game
    http://deadspin.com/5859362/louisvil...l-of-duty-game

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Really sorry to hear that hebron. The section I was in had a good mix of West Virginia and UC fans.
    Mine too, a little good natured hootin' and hollerin' from both sides, but no really foul language directed at anybody else.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hahaha, that guy is a family friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Hahaha, that guy is a family friend of mine.
    Haha that's why my friend posted it to youtube... his best friend is on the club team here and we're friends with him...

Negotiations between the Big East and Brigham Young have broken off and the school will not be joining the conference, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.The person spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the conference and school have not been making their talks public.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1eYMkoE6i

UConn is spanking Rutgers 37-10 at last count.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Big East still has options. I understand Macquarie University in Sydney is thinking of taking up Gridiron.

I think UC is doomed to be a revolving door...

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...-coaching-jobs
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think UC is doomed to be a revolving door...

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...-coaching-jobs
    Next coach in.

Butch Jones has done a nice job and I'd like him to stick around for awhile, but I trust that if he does leave that UC will be able to find a coach to pick up where he left off and continue building the program. Despite the lack of continuity, I think program has shown a steady improvement under each coaching regime. Dantonio made the program respectable, Brian Kelly made the program relevant on the national stage and Butch Jones has done a nice job parlaying that success to bring in better recruits than UC has ever had.

If Butch were to leave there are plenty of pieces in place to allow the next coach to continue to be successful.

As an aside, I'm curious about how the uncertainty in the Big East will factor into Butch's decision to stay / leave. None of the jobs being mentioned strike me as anything more than a lateral move or a very slight step up the ladder.

Turn Off Ads?