Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 327

Thread: Big East Football

  1. #196
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    (Losses that were sandwiched around a win at Kentucky)
    (Presuming that I'm not fully aware of the futility of UK football under Joker.)

    Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and rooting interest in how things shake out.

    Believe me, I'm about as pessimistic about UK football right now as I was in the Curry days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Whats the odds that the Big East coaches try to make something funny happen? IE leave WVU off ballots and put Cincy at like 15 or something? None, Any, some, likely, guarentee?

    And would it matter?
    I think UC throwing the game to UConn would have been more likely, and that didn't happen. Would have been fun to see if WVU would have filed a lawsuit over it.

    WVU will play Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, take the revenue, and flip off the Big East on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #198
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    WVU will play Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, take the revenue, and flip off the Big East on the way out.
    Not VaTech, and whether they're on the way out so soon is still up for debate. They'll be writing a big check if nothing else.

  5. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,185

    Re: Big East Football

    Dang Va Tech got roflstomped... AGAIN! Tahj Boyd vs Geno Smith I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  6. #200
    Yay! dabvu2498's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,463

    Re: Big East Football

    Looking like it will be Vanderbilt vs. Louisville in the Liberty Bowl. I'll be there. Go Dores!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  7. #201
    Hot Stove Season HotCorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Looking like it will be Vanderbilt vs. Louisville in the Liberty Bowl. I'll be there. Go Dores!
    Interesting. The rumor here is UC vs Vandy in the Liberty Bowl.

  8. #202
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,185

    Re: Big East Football

    I heard Pitt vs Marshall in the battle of who is little brother to WVU in Mobile I think it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  9. #203
    Yay! dabvu2498's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,463

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Interesting. The rumor here is UC vs Vandy in the Liberty Bowl.
    That's what I'm seeing now also. And the direction the Memphis paper has printed this morning. Not sure what changed there.

    Either way, go Dores!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  10. #204
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I heard Pitt vs Marshall in the battle of who is little brother to WVU in Mobile I think it was.
    I've read Marshall wants in the Beef O'Brady's bowl and the Big East isn't going to have enough teams to qualify. I'm kinda hoping for a Marshall-Western Kentucky matchup in Florida but it will probably be FIU.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    That's what I'm seeing now also. And the direction the Memphis paper has printed this morning. Not sure what changed there.

    Either way, go Dores!
    The Belk bowl in charlotte is expected to take Louisville. I'm not sure if it picks first but I know its louisville's preference.

  12. #206
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,624

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    That banjo music team saved the Big East. As long as the Cubcats are in the conference you should be eternally grateful and kiss our Gold & Blue
    The only way WVa can make it to a BCS bowl is if they hurt UCs QB. Short of that, UC cruises to the Big East crown

  13. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The only way WVa can make it to a BCS bowl is if they hurt UCs QB. Short of that, UC cruises to the Big East crown
    I agree Collaros getting hurt pretty much did u guys in...

    But today do excuses matter? WVU is BCS bound!

  14. #208
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,779

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I agree Collaros getting hurt pretty much did u guys in...

    But today do excuses matter? WVU is BCS bound!
    As a UC fan, it pains me, but I agree. WVU didn't do anything dirty or shady to sneak in. They beat UC at UC. There were mitigating circumstances for why it probably happened, but those things don't matter. I hope WVU does the BE proud, I am tired of the conference getting beaten up and talked about like they are the MAC.

  15. #209
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    As a UC fan, it pains me, but I agree. WVU didn't do anything dirty or shady to sneak in. They beat UC at UC. There were mitigating circumstances for why it probably happened, but those things don't matter. I hope WVU does the BE proud, I am tired of the conference getting beaten up and talked about like they are the MAC.
    Thanks Doug, I mean it when I say that I have the highest level of respect for UC football and Coach Jones. Cincy was always a fun rivalry for me in the conference i.e. a team you respected the hell out of, DID NOT HATE, and always expected a damn good football games as we have seen over the years. I really hope the Big 12 adds Cincy (and USF) to the conference soon.

    Good riddance to the teams I DO HATE, sPitt, Syracuse, Loserville, and Marshall.

  16. #210
    Reds fan for life!!!! WVPacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: Big East Football

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    As a UC fan, it pains me, but I agree. WVU didn't do anything dirty or shady to sneak in. They beat UC at UC. There were mitigating circumstances for why it probably happened, but those things don't matter. I hope WVU does the BE proud, I am tired of the conference getting beaten up and talked about like they are the MAC.

    If you remember a few years back when WVU beat Georgia then Oklahoma in bcs bowls WVU or the Big East still never got any respect from anybody on tv so I don't see it changing this year.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25