Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

Re: Big East Football

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    (Losses that were sandwiched around a win at Kentucky)
    (Presuming that I'm not fully aware of the futility of UK football under Joker.)

Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and rooting interest in how things shake out.

Believe me, I'm about as pessimistic about UK football right now as I was in the Curry days.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Whats the odds that the Big East coaches try to make something funny happen? IE leave WVU off ballots and put Cincy at like 15 or something? None, Any, some, likely, guarentee?

And would it matter?
    I think UC throwing the game to UConn would have been more likely, and that didn't happen. Would have been fun to see if WVU would have filed a lawsuit over it.

WVU will play Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, take the revenue, and flip off the Big East on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    WVU will play Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, take the revenue, and flip off the Big East on the way out.
    Not VaTech, and whether they're on the way out so soon is still up for debate. They'll be writing a big check if nothing else.

Dang Va Tech got roflstomped... AGAIN! Tahj Boyd vs Geno Smith I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Looking like it will be Vanderbilt vs. Louisville in the Liberty Bowl. I'll be there. Go Dores!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Looking like it will be Vanderbilt vs. Louisville in the Liberty Bowl. I'll be there. Go Dores!
    Interesting. The rumor here is UC vs Vandy in the Liberty Bowl.

I heard Pitt vs Marshall in the battle of who is little brother to WVU in Mobile I think it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Interesting. The rumor here is UC vs Vandy in the Liberty Bowl.
    That's what I'm seeing now also. And the direction the Memphis paper has printed this morning. Not sure what changed there.

Either way, go Dores!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I heard Pitt vs Marshall in the battle of who is little brother to WVU in Mobile I think it was.
    I've read Marshall wants in the Beef O'Brady's bowl and the Big East isn't going to have enough teams to qualify. I'm kinda hoping for a Marshall-Western Kentucky matchup in Florida but it will probably be FIU.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    That's what I'm seeing now also. And the direction the Memphis paper has printed this morning. Not sure what changed there.

Either way, go Dores!
    The Belk bowl in charlotte is expected to take Louisville. I'm not sure if it picks first but I know its louisville's preference.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    That banjo music team saved the Big East. As long as the Cubcats are in the conference you should be eternally grateful and kiss our Gold & Blue
    The only way WVa can make it to a BCS bowl is if they hurt UCs QB. Short of that, UC cruises to the Big East crown

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The only way WVa can make it to a BCS bowl is if they hurt UCs QB. Short of that, UC cruises to the Big East crown
    I agree Collaros getting hurt pretty much did u guys in...

But today do excuses matter? WVU is BCS bound!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I agree Collaros getting hurt pretty much did u guys in...

But today do excuses matter? WVU is BCS bound!
    As a UC fan, it pains me, but I agree. WVU didn't do anything dirty or shady to sneak in. They beat UC at UC. There were mitigating circumstances for why it probably happened, but those things don't matter. I hope WVU does the BE proud, I am tired of the conference getting beaten up and talked about like they are the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    As a UC fan, it pains me, but I agree. WVU didn't do anything dirty or shady to sneak in. They beat UC at UC. There were mitigating circumstances for why it probably happened, but those things don't matter. I hope WVU does the BE proud, I am tired of the conference getting beaten up and talked about like they are the MAC.
    Thanks Doug, I mean it when I say that I have the highest level of respect for UC football and Coach Jones. Cincy was always a fun rivalry for me in the conference i.e. a team you respected the hell out of, DID NOT HATE, and always expected a damn good football games as we have seen over the years. I really hope the Big 12 adds Cincy (and USF) to the conference soon.

Good riddance to the teams I DO HATE, sPitt, Syracuse, Loserville, and Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

If you remember a few years back when WVU beat Georgia then Oklahoma in bcs bowls WVU or the Big East still never got any respect from anybody on tv so I don't see it changing this year.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?