Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

Re: Big East Football

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Classy.

Three Tennessee coaches over the last three years have produced records of 5-7, 7-6, 6-7.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    It's a garbage website. It was kinda funny because there was a thread on the message board railing on Kentucky and Coach Cal. The very next day it came out about Pearl's recruiting violations and the thread was hijacked by UK posters who saw it from another website.

I do like what Tennessee is doing right now though. Derek Dooley has the Vols on the right track and the jury is out on Cuonzo Martin as basketball coach, but as for fans, there are a few bad apples in every bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It's a garbage website. It was kinda funny because there was a thread on the message board railing on Kentucky and Coach Cal. The very next day it came out about Pearl's recruiting violations and the thread was hijacked by UK posters who saw it from another website.

I do like what Tennessee is doing right now though. Derek Dooley has the Vols on the right track and the jury is out on Cuonzo Martin as basketball coach, but as for fans, there are a few bad apples in every bunch.
    The website may be garbage, but the author is the sports editor for the Knoxville News Sentinel. It just seems pretty bush league and petty to me.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Oops, I'm not convinced Louisville will beat FIU this weekend.
    Good call.
    Go Gators!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Great start by the Bearcats against Tennessee. Vols now on offense. Not seeing the Bearcats moving the Oline even a little. It is early, but that concerns me.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

UofL lost. Rutgers trails late. WVU and Pitt both unimpressive in wins vs. smaller schools.

At least UC scored early.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

UCs defense might want to show up soon

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    UCs defense might want to show up soon
    It is going to be a shootout. The Bearcats defense can't get any pressure on the QB, who has looked pretty accurate so far. Without the QB being pressured, UC can't cover the receivers.

Bearcat defense forces a turnover - fumble recovery by Battle - to halt another Vols trip to the end zone.

UC is down 21-14 and just turned the ball over on 4th and 1 at the 50 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    WVU unimpressive.

Did you watch the same 2nd half I did? Unompressive in the 1st half yes, 2nd half score 45-0.

UC stopped again on another 4th and short

UC now down 28-14

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Horrid playcalling by Jones to try and out-muscle Tennessee for 2 straight 4th and short conversions.

Newsflash, Coach -- even the worst SEC school has bigger, stronger, and faster players than you do. You cannot simply match up with them and go head to head, you have to out scheme them.

The more I see of Butch Jones, the more I realize that he's absolutely not the answer for UC.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Horrid playcalling by Jones to try and out-muscle Tennessee for 2 straight 4th and short conversions.

Newsflash, Coach -- even the worst SEC school has bigger, stronger, and faster players than you do. You cannot simply match up with them and go head to head, you have to out scheme them.

The more I see of Butch Jones, the more I realize that he's absolutely not the answer for UC.
    Couldn't agree more. Not impressed with Jones at all.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post

Did you watch the same 2nd half I did? Unompressive in the 1st half yes, 2nd half score 45-0.
    You would have thought no one had ever seen an early season game against Podunk Tech before. This followed the script everybody's seen a million times, and I don't just mean at WVU.

The play by play guy closed with, "Well, it wasn't easy for the Mountaineers."

Seriously. 55-12 wasn't easy.

Turn Off Ads?