Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

Re: Big East Football

Cincy and Pitt this weekend, should be good. Haven't heard much, but I think I remember Pitts RB getting injured which can't help their chances. Pitt will be able to throw on us since I'm pretty sure anyone can....UC 31 Pitt 28.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What channel/time is the game on?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Rich Rodriguez weighs in (Unless you are a WVU fan, this is priceless):
    Good to see Rich found work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What channel/time is the game on?
    7PM ESPNU

Huge win! We're in good position to win the conference now. D played huge in the 2nd half.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Good win.... but I am still not sold that this team is all that good. The Big East is pretty bad this year and that says a bit. Not that they are a bad team, but I don't think they are all that good either. It seems that Zach Collaros is good for a few "what in the heck were you thinking!?" plays a game. Isiah Pead is a stud though, plain and simple. He will keep them in any game they have left on their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Maybe 6. Unfortunately I think Louisville is worst by a relatively wide margin. Hope I'm wrong, but I'll be pretty surprised if Louisville wins more than 2 league games.
    Sure am glad I was wrong about this. The Cards are playing as well as anyone in the league right now. The future is extremely bright for my Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Good win.... but I am still not sold that this team is all that good. The Big East is pretty bad this year and that says a bit. Not that they are a bad team, but I don't think they are all that good either. It seems that Zach Collaros is good for a few "what in the heck were you thinking!?" plays a game. Isiah Pead is a stud though, plain and simple. He will keep them in any game they have left on their schedule.
    Yeah I agree. I think we're making the plays we need against conference teams, but we could have easily lost a lot of the games we've won. Our pass defense and offensive line will get exposed big time against a really good team.

But yeah, Isaiah Pead is really really good. I think he's gonna have success on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    But yeah, Isaiah Pead is really really good. I think he's gonna have success on Sundays.
    I was talking about that with my friend yesterday while watching the game. I came to the conclusion, that at least for now, I think he could be a guy who gets drafted, but beyond that I am just not sure what happens with him. There are a lot of really good running backs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Sure am glad I was wrong about this. The Cards are playing as well as anyone in the league right now. The future is extremely bright for my Cards.
    So, I love that Joe Manchin made this quote after the realignment fiasco:

“You know what, Louisville, go back and toughen up a little bit.”

West Virginia's biggest problem is toughness which showed itself yesterday against a team they should have beaten.

On the other side, at one point Louisville had 10 sophomores and freshmen lined up on offense. They're getting better every week and should be dangerous in a bowl with the extra practice time. The future is very bright regardless of conference affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Given the expectations going into this year, this season has gone about as well as one could have reasonably expected. They're not great, but then again after what happened last season I don't think anyone was expecting them to be great. The opportunity to finish up 10-2 or 11-1 and make it to another BCS bowl looks pretty darn good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Given the expectations going into this year, this season has gone about as well as one could have reasonably expected. They're not great, but then again after what happened last season I don't think anyone was expecting them to be great. The opportunity to finish up 10-2 or 11-1 and make it to another BCS bowl looks pretty darn good to me.
    I agree completely here. I didn't expect much more than a bowl appearance, but now they have me on the edge of my seat each week because I now expect them to win out. Still, they aren't a BCS caliber team IMO. They were the other two seasons they went even though they didn't fare well in those games. This year, they are a good team, but not BCS quality even though they may wind up there because the Big East truly is the Big Least this year.

Nice start, Pead is a beast.

Well at least this is going about as bad as possible.

I just hope Collaros is not seriously injured.

Turn Off Ads?