Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you like Francisco now?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

How do you like Francisco now?

"I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How do you like Francisco now?

He looked great in the game today. It works at well that he is a LH hitter since Rolen is a righty. They should split time at 3B next year depending on how well Rolen comes back from surgery.

I always liked him he is young as opposed to the invalid rolen

Guys has always been one of my prospects. Problem is our ignorant manager doesn't play the hot players. Also he should be the starting 3B next year, with Rolen on the bench. However again Baker loves his veterans.

That's why I hope we have a new manager who plays the odds, and doesn't coddle his players.

I'd platoon Rolen/Francisco (righty/lefty) at 3B next year too.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

I think he deserves a shot he never has had a true shot. He should play third 4 games a week the rest of the year and rolen gets the rest when he comes back.

rolen is the past, that is the same mistak ethe reds keep making with larkin, griffey, arroyo, it is a young persons game

His K/BB ratio in the minors still worries me, but it's nice to see that he's hitting given the opportunity.

I just don't know if a guy can hit major league pitching when he swings at everything like this guy does.

I think at worst, he's a guy that is a big league player. I don't know if he'll ever be a 600 at bat guy, but he deserves to be on the team next year.

I'd like to see him play left field so he can be matched up against a right hander on any given day at either 3b or left field.

Not everybody has to be a star.

He definitely does not walk enough as he only had 10 walks in the minors this year. he was on the disabled list however for some time. The guy can flat out swing the bat though and IMO should platoon with Rolen next year. He would have probably had significant playing time this year for not getting hurt. Another idea would let him play LF and have Frazier and Rolen platoon. I think Frazier is a good ballplayer and should be with the big club. I like his attitude and the guy can play multiple positions. We definitely will have a number of good left-handed bats on the roster for next year. It's going to be interesting too see what the organization does next year and who is going to stick around and whos going to go and what positions will guys be playing. definitely something to pay attention too.

I like Francisco and bad luck has killed this guy this year. Every time Rolen got hurt, it seems like he was hurt also. I don't know what he is, while I would like to see him get a chance, I am not going to anoint him the third basemen because of a good weekend. I love his power and the fact that he seems to hit the ball all over the field, but he needs to be more selective. I am concerned that once he gets around the league people will learn that you don't have to throw him strikes to get him out. He shows patience getting to a lot of three ball counts, but for some reason he has problems taking that fourth ball. I love having the lefties in the lineup votto, Bruce, alonso, Francisco. This alone should improve their results against right handed pitchers. Better roster construction alone should greatly improve their record. A team with two or three lh batters is just silly.

There are holes in his ABs, that hopefully can be corrected quickly, otherwise he will be another Wily Mo. MLB pitchers will learn "quickly" not to throw him a hitable fastball. Here's hoping he gets it. He could be a monster.

Not trying to compare Juan to Vladimir Guerrero, but Vlady does swing at anything so that is a flawed argument.

Francisco = next Vlad Guerrero......

You heard it here first from BLark=HOF

While Francisco's struggles with taking a walk are well documented and he swings at almost everything, his K rates are not horrible. He actually had a better percentage than Todd Frazier. So while he swings at a lot of pitches out of the zone, he connects frequently, and still hits it hard.

Turn Off Ads?