Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

That was an emotional presser for me, I shed a few tears. Peyton not only put the Colts on the map but he also saved the franchise in Indianapolis. Without Peyton the Colts are in L.A. or San Jose or someplace else. Having Peyton allowed Indianapolis to build a new stadium and have this past years super bowl, not really sure if one player meant more to a franchise than Peyton did the Colts.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like the Colts just released Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, and Gary Brackett. Said to be shopping Freeney. Burn it to the groun, I guess. Looks like we'll be watching some bad football for a while in Indy. Looks like Luck will be surrounded by mediocrity for a while. Probably will get a good view looking up at the roof from his back in Lucas Oil Stadium.

It hurts but all the guys cut today other than Brackett are in serious decline and needed to go.

Kinda depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Kinda depressing.
    I know you are new to the area but we have really been spoiled here, reality is now setting in. Atleast the Reds should be really good.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I don't always get rid of players, but when I do I get rid of everyone.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I don't have a problem with any of that. None of those guys will have much to do with Luck being on his back a lot or not.

As someone else said, those guys were all declining. It would be a good idea to ship freeney for some picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Washington gave up 3 firsts and a second round pick to get #2. Would you have been enticed at all by that if you were Indy's front office for #1 or you can't pass on Andrew Luck while you have a shot at him?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Washington gave up 3 firsts and a second round pick to get #2. Would you have been enticed at all by that if you were Indy's front office for #1 or you can't pass on Andrew Luck while you have a shot at him?
    You do not pass on Luck.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    You do not pass on Luck.
    You pass with Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I know you are new to the area but we have really been spoiled here, reality is now setting in. Atleast the Reds should be really good.
    Yeah, we had high hopes after watching the Panthers for the last few years. I'm willing to wait if they put it together the right way.

Don't freak out about the changes. The Colts are going to be really good in just a few years. Next year there will be a lot of growing pains but its worth it! Luck is going to be a rookie and will struggle from time to time making the jump, but is still going to be good. Also the change to a 3-4 defense is going to take a little practice and getting used to. But in the long run, all these changes needed to be done and will make us a good team. The releasings of those players yesterday is a little painful to take in, but it will give us loads of money to go out and sign some guys next off season. I believe we are changing the whole team in a better way.. The defense is going to be bigger and tougher.. We are also going to have a hard nosed run game as well. With Andrew Luck at the helm, once we get all the pieces in place, we are going to be a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Don't freak out about the changes. The Colts are going to be really good in just a few years. Next year there will be a lot of growing pains but its worth it! Luck is going to be a rookie and will struggle from time to time making the jump, but is still going to be good. Also the change to a 3-4 defense is going to take a little practice and getting used to. But in the long run, all these changes needed to be done and will make us a good team. The releasings of those players yesterday is a little painful to take in, but it will give us loads of money to go out and sign some guys next off season. I believe we are changing the whole team in a better way.. The defense is going to be bigger and tougher.. We are also going to have a hard nosed run game as well. With Andrew Luck at the helm, once we get all the pieces in place, we are going to be a very good team.
    I am really looking forward to the next season, its going to be different for sure but it's was kind of boring knowing the Colts were going to win 12+ games every year. I look forward to 1:00 pm Sunday games too. Going to be fun watching Luck grow and improve.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    That was an emotional presser for me, I shed a few tears. Peyton not only put the Colts on the map but he also saved the franchise in Indianapolis. Without Peyton the Colts are in L.A. or San Jose or someplace else. Having Peyton allowed Indianapolis to build a new stadium and have this past years super bowl, not really sure if one player meant more to a franchise than Peyton did the Colts.
    I couldnt have said it better.

Turn Off Ads?