Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Wow, what a difference a year makes. This time last year I was pumped for a Colts/Packers Super Bowl (I was half right). This year....well, let's just say I'm not as optimistic.

Now there are reports floating out there that Peyton may need another surgery. If that happens, it is time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

That said, the reports could be untrue, and for all we know #18 could lead them onto the field in Houston in one week. I'd love to see it obviously, but I'm not very optimistic.

In other news, I don't understand why Jerry Hughes and Donald Brown are still on this roster. They should only be third stringers at best. It seems like the Polians' pride is getting in the way of putting the best 53 players on the roster.

I'm hoping Addai and Collie can stay healthy this year. They are two of my favorite Colts. Great guys and football players, very easy to root for.

So, here are my predictions for the year:

If Manning plays all 16 games: 10-6
    If Manning plays in 8 games: 6-10
    If Manning doesn't play at all: 2-14
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    Even if 18 missed the first four games, which seems to be what all the injury gurus are saying, I think Collins could possibly go 2-2 or 1-3 at worst, which in this division means nothing. I'm not buying Houston until they prove something. Every year they are "the team that is going to shock people" and every year they win 6 games.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

What are the chances Manning is done??

Anytime you have an injury regarding the neck you have to wonder if it is over.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

Hard to say, but the best thing to do is make sure its 100% before attempting to return.

If Manning is done (for the season or his career), the Colts have to make a push for Luck. Then, you keep Peyton around him as much as possible.

I was suprised the colts didn't take a longer look at Terrelle Pryor. Knowing Peyton would be at best a long shot to start the season and neither back up showing anything in the pre season games .Why not take a gamble on pryor and have peyton to groom him for the future ?

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    I was suprised the colts didn't take a longer look at Terrelle Pryor. Knowing Peyton would be at best a long shot to start the season and neither back up showing anything in the pre season games .Why not take a gamble on pryor and have peyton to groom him for the future ?
    Wasn't it known that he was going to likely be suspended by the NFL ahead of time at which point makes it useless (at that time) for Indy to get Pryor as it would solve nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'll take Kerry Collins over Pryor, and it isn't particularly close.

Remember last season, when I stirred up all kinds of trouble when I said there were 7 or 8 other guys I'd rather have at QB for the 2012 season than Peyton Manning? Let me tell you where that remark/thought process was born from. It was a Sunday night game and on the slow-mo replays you could see Manning flinching way too early in the pocket. I don't know if that is related at all to this injury and I'm not saying "See I told you so" (no one could have foreseen this drama)...but at some point playing QB in the NFL for 13 years takes its toll and I made the call that I'd rather have some other guys at QB for me this year. I actually was looking forward to his play this year so I would be able to give you guys a "see I told you so...". Who knows...he could be back out there at full speed in 6 weeks and prove me wrong.

Interesting that he JUST signed a 5 year deal. What is the guaranteed number in that deal...I don't see it in any of the news articles on it.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

According to Will Carroll it's not as bad as a normal neck surgery. He didn't get anything fused or anything like that and long term he will be fine.

I don't think it's an issue that will lead to his retirement. As far as I understand he's just waiting for nerves to heal in the area, and it's not a matter of if they'll heal, but when. And for some reason (obviously a cause for concern) his haven't healed yet. But factor in the lockout and not having access to the Colts medical staff and it shouldn't be too surprising.

The Colts are in a ton of trouble if Peyton can't go. The last few years they've become entirely too much Peyton-dependent, and if he can't go for an extended stretch I can't really see them being competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Remember last season, when I stirred up all kinds of trouble when I said there were 7 or 8 other guys I'd rather have at QB for the 2012 season than Peyton Manning? Let me tell you where that remark/thought process was born from. It was a Sunday night game and on the slow-mo replays you could see Manning flinching way too early in the pocket. I don't know if that is related at all to this injury and I'm not saying "See I told you so" (no one could have foreseen this drama)...but at some point playing QB in the NFL for 13 years takes its toll and I made the call that I'd rather have some other guys at QB for me this year. I actually was looking forward to his play this year so I would be able to give you guys a "see I told you so...". Who knows...he could be back out there at full speed in 6 weeks and prove me wrong.

Interesting that he JUST signed a 5 year deal. What is the guaranteed number in that deal...I don't see it in any of the news articles on it.
    Even if he were to never play another down I think he would be worth the contract in terms of what he provides whoever you bring in to play QB as a tutor/mentor/coach, pr, and as a face of a franchise (see Elway, John). I have never seen a guy be able to diagnose what was coming and be so accurate as Peyton has been.

For those wandering... 5 years, 90 mil, 69 mil of which will be paid over the first 3 years. No clue on what the guaranteed money was up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I'll take Kerry Collins over Pryor, and it isn't particularly close.
    So would i but i'd say its time to start grooming a replacement sooner rather than later. Pryor wouldnt have been forced to start right away and gets to learn from one of the best to ever to play the position . Still wouldnt have solved the current situation .

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    So would i but i'd say its time to start grooming a replacement sooner rather than later. Pryor wouldnt have been forced to start right away and gets to learn from one of the best to ever to play the position . Still wouldnt have solved the current situation .
    Some things cannot be taught. I don't see Prior ever playing in the NFL as a quarterback, and certainly not starting.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    According to Will Carroll it's not as bad as a normal neck surgery. He didn't get anything fused or anything like that and long term he will be fine.

How Will Carroll has a job is beyond me, he is the ultimate clown and if I ever meet him I will fight him. I would not take anything he says seriously.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?