Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

I'm pretty sure someone said it here earlier, but variations of this tongue-in-cheek comment were all over Twitter yesterday about the time the score reached 34-0: "Manning might win the MVP without actually playing."
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Texans are a good team, I think even with PEyton they lose. This week against the Browns will tell how good or bad the Colts are.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

The Colts turn the clock back to the good bad old days, I think this is a 2-4 win team at best. This could actually be a good thing if Manning comes back next season. They can either draft an heir apparent or another weapon for Manning with the high first and second round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Colts turn the clock back to the good bad old days, I think this is a 2-4 win team at best. This could actually be a good thing if Manning comes back next season. They can either draft an heir apparent or another weapon for Manning with the high first and second round picks.
    100% agree.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I hope they draft a defensive tackle who can stop somebody. This team looks like its offense will improve. I still think the line will continue to get better (but I'm skeptical of Linkenbach). Collins will get better every week. The problem is the defense. The second corner spot doesn't look so hot, the outside linebackers are nothing to get excited about and the middle of the defensive line still gets blown off the ball. This team has it DE and its Safeties and that's about it. Powers is OK if the had some other corners to go with him and Brackett gives a solid workmanlike effort when he's healthy. But the defense has too many soft spots and without Manning forcing the other team into a drop back shootout, Freeney and Mathis can't go full bore after the QB every play and are kind of wasted. The defense doesn't have the improvement coming that the offense might have (and will have when Manning finally returns whenever that is).
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I hope they draft a defensive tackle who can stop somebody. This team looks like its offense will improve. I still think the line will continue to get better (but I'm skeptical of Linkenbach). Collins will get better every week. The problem is the defense. The second corner spot doesn't look so hot, the outside linebackers are nothing to get excited about and the middle of the defensive line still gets blown off the ball. This team has it DE and its Safeties and that's about it. Powers is OK if the had some other corners to go with him and Brackett gives a solid workmanlike effort when he's healthy. But the defense has too many soft spots and without Manning forcing the other team into a drop back shootout, Freeney and Mathis can't go full bore after the QB every play and are kind of wasted. The defense doesn't have the improvement coming that the offense might have (and will have when Manning finally returns whenever that is).

For the most part I agree, but I think Angerer will be an above average LB for years to come. I really enjoy watching him play.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Collins misses so many throws. I'm sure it will get a little better but not much because I remember thinking the same thing the last couple seasons he was with Tennessee.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I will disagree with your assessment of the D line and the safeties. I think the safeties other than Bethea are terrible and the D line is much improved over the last few years.

Colts owner said what most of us had already figured out, that Peyton is pretty much gone for the year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70...jim-irsay-says

I imagine it's only a matter of time before they IR him.

No sense in screwing up a shot at Andrew Luck by bringing Peyton back in December anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Colts owner said what most of us had already figured out, that Peyton is pretty much gone for the year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70...jim-irsay-says

I imagine it's only a matter of time before they IR him.

No sense in screwing up a shot at Andrew Luck by bringing Peyton back in December anyway
    I know the Colts will not be good this year, but I don't see how the Chiefs (and perhaps a few other teams) win more games. As much as I would love for the Colts to have Manning groom Luck to take over, I don't see how it will be possible.

Painter looked to be a step up from Collins, but that is faint praise. The injury bug from last season has seemed to spill over into this one, and the Andrew Luck sweepstakes seems a bit more realistic now.

The next game (Chiefs/Colts) should be renamed the Andrew Luck Bowl. Both teams should be in the hunt for the rest of the year.

At what point do you start rooting for your team to lose? I still root for them to win, but must admit that #1 draft spot is looking better each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Painter looked to be a step up from Collins, but that is faint praise. The injury bug from last season has seemed to spill over into this one, and the Andrew Luck sweepstakes seems a bit more realistic now.

The next game (Chiefs/Colts) should be renamed the Andrew Luck Bowl. Both teams should be in the hunt for the rest of the year.

At what point do you start rooting for your team to lose? I still root for them to win, but must admit that #1 draft spot is looking better each week.
    When I heard Manning was out for the year, from there on out I wanted to suck for Luck.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    When I heard Manning was out for the year, from there on out I wanted to suck for Luck.
    Would Polian take Luck, or would they trade the pick and try to improve the depth?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Would Polian take Luck, or would they trade the pick and try to improve the depth?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    If they are in position to take him then I would think they would have to take him.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    If they are in position to take him then I would think they would have to take him.
    For most teams you are right. I don't know if Irsay has the cajones to draft a QB while Manning is still around*(see below), and we don't even know if Luck comes out. He's got another year if he wants it. Hypothetically, if Indy has the top pick, and Luck knows he has to sit behind Manning for 3 years at least, does he even declare? It's easy to say "put him on the "Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre plan" but Luck has to be willing to do that or it will create problems. I don't know enough about the kid to judge but all athletes have egos that need feeding.

I've heard some people saying they should go for Luck and then trade Manning. That isn't going to happen. Ever. Irsay would rather hang himself then do wrong by Peyton. He knows Peyton Manning saved professional football in Indiana and he knows he owes Manning the right to play for the Colts as long as he wishes.

Turn Off Ads?