Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

I could make the argument that the Lions should draft Luck over the Bengals. Obviously, these situations won't present themselves, but Stafford is an injury risk, and far from elite IMO. I'd take Dalton going forward over Stafford, but clearly that's just me, I'm sure many others feel differently. Stafford has the edge in physical tools, but as a pure quarterback, I give the edge to Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would take Luck. Manning can do one of three things.... come back and play/mentor him, retire or ask to be traded.

You simply can't set your franchise back by not taking someone like Andrew Luck if you have the opportunity. I am a Bengals fan and I had a discussion the other day with a friend that is somehow the Bengals wound up with the chance to draft Luck, that I would absolutely, without question, take him. And I like Andy Dalton. You know who shouldn't draft Andrew Luck? The Packers. The Lions. Teams with sub 30 year old quarterbacks who are also elite.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Indy/NE game as been flexed off prime time.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/72...e-time-week-13

As a Colts fan I'm actually relieved. It's pretty embarrassing being in prime time this season.

Tomorrow the Colts will honor Marvin Harrison by unveiling a statue of him dropping a gun into a wash bucket.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Tomorrow the Colts will honor Marvin Harrison by unveiling a statue of him dropping a gun into a wash bucket.
    Allegedly
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Stat geek...and proud
    That made me laugh really hard. As a side note, call it a hunch, but I think we beat Carolina tomorrow. I might wind up looking like an idiot saying that, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    That made me laugh really hard. As a side note, call it a hunch, but I think we beat Carolina tomorrow. I might wind up looking like an idiot saying that, I know.
    I think they win today too, first time I think ever that I turned down a free ticket to a Colts game.

Still winless. Good "Luck" is on the way?

Colts are going to get spanked by the Patriots next week and the Ravens the week after. I don’t see the Colts beating the Texans (even with their shoddy QB situation) either. I do think they have a chance of winning 1 of the Titans/Jaguars games though, could even be both. There are 2 possible issues for the Colts moving forward with regard to the Luck sweepstakes. Both the Vikings and the Rams have 2 wins right now. If 2 (or 3) teams have the same record at the end of the season, the league goes by the year before for draft placement, which is bad news for the Colts. I’d like to see both the Vikings and Rams win 1 more game for me to feel like the Colts have locked in Luck. Vikings have Denver, Detroit, New Orleans, Washington and Chicago. I doubt they’ll beat New Orleans or Detroit, but I’m hopeful that they can win at least 1 of those other games, if they have AP. I’m more concerned about the Rams. They should have beaten Arizona today and tanked. The Rams haven’t played the way they are capable of, but they have a brutal finish to the season with San Francisco (2X), Seattle, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh. They might be able to beat Seattle or Cincinnati if they have an off day. But that is 1 tough schedule. I’m still hopeful they’ll find a way to win 1 of those games, but who knows. As I said before, I’m hopeful about Luck, but I’d really like to see Minnesota and St. Louis win 1 more game each before I feel comfortable.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

My fear isn't that St Louis somehow gets the #1 seed and drafts Luck (no way they'd do that with Bradford on the team), but that they would trade that pick to a team that needs a QB.

Does anybody know how the draft tie-break would work if the Colts and Rams both finish with 2 wins?
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    My fear isn't that St Louis somehow gets the #1 seed and drafts Luck (no way they'd do that with Bradford on the team), but that they would trade that pick to a team that needs a QB.

Does anybody know how the draft tie-break would work if the Colts and Rams both finish with 2 wins?
    The Rams would get the #1 pick.

Colts fans, how good do you think this team would be with Peyton? What kind of record do you think you will see out of them next year with Peyton?

I don't think I can recall a team laying down this badly over the course of a season. Its shocking that a team with some nice pieces is really threatening a defeated season. When you looked at the Lions of a few years ago they were the most dysfunctional franchise in football. You expected them to go defeated. The Colts with Pro Bowlers on the outside as well as the D Line you expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

No need to worry.

The Colts are very bad.

I think part of Polians plan is to tank the season and get the #1 pick.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Colts fans, how good do you think this team would be with Peyton? What kind of record do you think you will see out of them next year with Peyton?

I don't think I can recall a team laying down this badly over the course of a season. Its shocking that a team with some nice pieces is really threatening a defeated season. When you looked at the Lions of a few years ago they were the most dysfunctional franchise in football. You expected them to go defeated. The Colts with Pro Bowlers on the outside as well as the D Line you expected more.
    IMO Manning is good for a 2 TD advantage per game. 8 games have been decided by less than 2 TD, so I would say a Manning led team would have 7-8 wins. Just a guess though.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

i think a healthy Manning means 10 wins even with this bunch. I think the Colts really want nothing to do with the decision that will come with the #1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    IMO Manning is good for a 2 TD advantage per game. 8 games have been decided by less than 2 TD, so I would say a Manning led team would have 7-8 wins. Just a guess though.
    I think this is accurate. Plus, the Colts have lost some important people not named Peyton too. Howard Mudd and Tom Moore come to mind. I think those guys are worth at least a win or 2.

Turn Off Ads?