Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    i think a healthy Manning means 10 wins even with this bunch. I think the Colts really want nothing to do with the decision that will come with the #1 pick.
    I think the Colts happily would take Luck with the first pick. The question then becomes to trade or keep. I think they'd be wise to keep.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I keep hearing people say that they can draft Luck and in 2 years he can take over. Does anyone else think Peyton has more than 2 years left in him? I think he has 6-7 seasons left, barring any crazy injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I keep hearing people say that they can draft Luck and in 2 years he can take over. Does anyone else think Peyton has more than 2 years left in him? I think he has 6-7 seasons left, barring any crazy injuries.
    I don't see 6-7 years, but I also see more than 2 years. Realistically, I think it's somewhere in the middle. I'd love to see a Favre/Rogers kind of transition with Manning/Luck. And just remember, there's no guarantee that Peyton comes back healthy. And if Peyton were to have another serious injury, who steps in? Painter again?

Stat geek...and proud
    I think this years team would be 9-7 or 8-8 with Manning. They aren't very talented other than a few guys. It really proves just how good Manning is, because last years team wasn't much better.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The Rams would get the #1 pick.
    Do you know how this is determined? Strength of schedule?
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

With Manning, this year's Colts win 8-10 games. Obviously, they would score more points, but they also would figure to lead in more games. That would force teams into more passing situations, which plays into the hands of their defense lead by Freeney and Mathis.

FSN's Chris Myers interviewed Manning this weekend and left with the impression there is a greater than 50% chance that Peyton retires after the season ends.

Manning did not say this, it is Myers' opinion, but still more fuel to the fire to get Luck. If Manning did decide to retire, I wonder if he would be open to stay on with the org to coach up young Mr. Luck? Heck, just can Caldwell and let Peyton coach the team. (Kidding. Sort of.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Do you know how this is determined? Strength of schedule?
    Yes, strength of schedule. Whoever had the easiest schedule will get the top pick in the first rd. This will be flipped for rd two. I don't know how we can definitely say now who will end up with the easiest schedule a month from now.

I don't think it's all about Luck. I think Matt Barkley is a 1a after Luck and yes, I do think he'll come out

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Manning will be 36 next year. He is not going to play till he is 42.

If Manning can come back then he has maybe 3 years tops to play. Considering this team is no where near a SB contender they need to look to the future and draft Luck.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I absolutely think Luck should be drafted, I'm just not sure Manning will be retired that quickly. The guy doesn't move outside of the pocket so any type of athletic loss wouldn't matter IMO.

Manning has a couple of new reasons to stay at home and not risk a potentially severe injury:

Very interesting!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...-healed-firmly

On Sunday, television commentators on the Colts-Panthers broadcast even discussed the possibility of Manning retiring after the season, a contention team vice chairman Bill Polian shot down on his weekly radio show Monday night.
    Polian said Monday the Colts could keep Manning and draft Luck and still remain competitive under the salary cap, and team owner Jim Irsay has said he believes the two sides could work out a new contract that would make it less costly to keep Manning.

Manning cleared to take next step:

One day after Manning's latest monthly checkup, Dr. Robert Watkins gave the winless Indianapolis Colts and their franchise quarterback some good news in this miserable season: The four-time league MVP is healing.

"I am encouraged with what Doc had to say," Manning said. "I am happy that I can increase my rehabilitation program as outlined by him ... and the Colts' medical staff. I am hopeful for continued progress in this next phase of my rehab."

Watkins believes Manning's recovery will continue.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...fba34ff33fa561

Rumour has it that Peyton was throwing with Austin Collie and Dallas Clark today, I wonder how many balls Clark dropped?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I don't see any worthwhile reason to risk any further injury to Peyton with 3 games left. It is good to hear that the recovery is is coming along nicely though.

Turn Off Ads?