Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Today could be the day the Colts clinch the #1 overall pick. A Colts loss to the Titans or Rams win over the Bengals, and the speculation on the Luck/Manning situation will officially go into overdrive.

Here is what I would like to see:
    - Irsay dumps the Polians (father & son)
    - Caldwell is fired
    - Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher is hired as coach with a say in personnel
    - Draft Luck #1 to learn behind Manning, or start if Manning is done
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree with everything except possibly the Pollians. If Chris is taking over then yes, but if Bill is still running things, then I want him.

Also, Jeff Fischer and Peyton Manning are pretty good friends, I wonder if hiring him would impact what happens with Peyton.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I agree with everything except possibly the Pollians. If Chris is taking over then yes, but if Bill is still running things, then I want him.

Also, Jeff Fischer and Peyton Manning are pretty good friends, I wonder if hiring him would impact what happens with Peyton.
    There is no way Bill stays without Chris though. So, get rid of them both. Judging by recent drafts, they have lost their touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    There is no way Bill stays without Chris though. So, get rid of them both. Judging by recent drafts, they have lost their touch.
    Sadly I agree. I am a huge BILL Polian fan but I have heard enough from behind the scenes that Chris is a disaster and is responsible for alot of the recent bad stuff. I wish Bill would stay and Chris would leave or work in a much lesser role but that won't happen.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Why Donald Brown isn't starting for this team boggles my mind. Let the kid and former number one pick show what he can do down the stretch. His yds per carry is better than Addai or Carter.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Looks like a win for Indy today, congrats to them. And yes Donald Brown still needs to get the darn ball more, 7.1 yds per carry today!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think the Colts win out and avoid the top pick in the draft and the whole organization lets out a huge sigh of relief.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Looks like a win for Indy today, congrats to them. And yes Donald Brown still needs to get the darn ball more, 7.1 yds per carry today!
    An 80 yard run helps the ypc.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I think the Colts win out and avoid the top pick in the draft and the whole organization lets out a huge sigh of relief.
    ..if Manning returns next year.

Let's say your scenario happens: who do they take at #2? I would guess/hope they would trade down for multiple picks.

The really unfortunate aspect to the scenario would mean the probable return of Caldwell and the Polians.

Colts vice chairman Bill Polian says QB Peyton Manning will not play this season.

The Colts winning today makes the "Luck" situation interesting. Minnesota and St. Louis both lost today too. I also read that the Rams are considering shutting down Bradford for the season.

The Colts have Houston at home next week and then @Jacksonville. The Rams have @Pittsburgh and then San Fran at home to finish out. Minnesota has @Redskins and then the Bears at home.

I just don't see the Colts winning both of those games, but I think they could win 1 of them, but they could lose them both too. I think the Rams are going to have a hard time winning either of their games. Minnesota could win another game.

What do you think?

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He doesn't play more because he's useless in blitz pickups.

Your kidding right??

They crave that #1 pick.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Your kidding right??

They crave that #1 pick.
    I don't think they want it, they do not want to be in position to jettison Manning. If they really craved that top pick they would still be playing Painter

I don't think they want it, they do not want to be in position to jettison Manning. If they really craved that top pick they would still be playing Painter
    The Painter point is a good one but if they are hell bent on keeping Manning they could always trade #1 for picks.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    The Painter point is a good one but if they are hell bent on keeping Manning they could always trade #1 for picks.
    Trade the number 1 pick and miss out on the best quarterback prospect since John Elway? The Colts almost have to pick Luck given the chance. I don't think they want to deal with having to choose between the future of the team and honestly the savior of the franchise in Indianapolis, without Manning the Colts would be gone to another city and we would not have Lucas Oil stadium or be hosting the Super Bowl.

Turn Off Ads?