Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Colts 19 Texans 16.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

i wanna puke.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    It would take a Bobby Thompson type comeback for the Colts to lose the #1 pick.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...IndyStar.com|s

I think the Giants just won the pennant.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

The Colts still control their destiny, so to speak. A loss next week against Jacksonville should still net them the #1 overall pick.

I'm looking at this as two scenarios:
    Scenario 1 - the Colts lose next week, draft Luck and then decide what to do with Manning. They are set at QB for another (hopefully) 10+ years.

Scenario 2 - the Colts get the #2 or 3 overall pick. I'd like to see them trade down for multiple picks, and they build a solid core of young talent. Mathis and Wayne are re-signed, and they go for another Super Bowl run.

Regardless of which scenario happens, I am done with coach Caldwell and the Polians. Bill Polian seems to have lost his touch, his son Chris is apparently destroying the morale in the organization and Caldwell may be the worst head coach in the league.

Should be interesting to see how things turn out over the next week and upcoming months.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Just lose, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think the Giants just won the pennant.
    Ralph Branca is warming up anyway.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    The Colts still control their destiny, so to speak. A loss next week against Jacksonville should still net them the #1 overall pick.

I'm looking at this as two scenarios:
    Scenario 1 - the Colts lose next week, draft Luck and then decide what to do with Manning. They are set at QB for another (hopefully) 10+ years.

Scenario 2 - the Colts get the #2 or 3 overall pick. I'd like to see them trade down for multiple picks, and they build a solid core of young talent. Mathis and Wayne are re-signed, and they go for another Super Bowl run.

Regardless of which scenario happens, I am done with coach Caldwell and the Polians. Bill Polian seems to have lost his touch, his son Chris is apparently destroying the morale in the organization and Caldwell may be the worst head coach in the league.

Should be interesting to see how things turn out over the next week and upcoming months.
    I am a very mellow guy even in regards to sports but last night just drove me nuts. To see Colts fans getting giddy over winning a game that gives the Colts 2 wins as opposed to 1 win even though it may cost us a franchise QB was just maddening.

My gut tells me Polian and Irsay are going to somehow find a way to tank the Jacksonville game. Polian isn't stupid and while I am not to sure about Irsay being overly bright, they both know a shot at a franchise QB is something you can't ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I am a very mellow guy even in regards to sports but last night just drove me nuts. To see Colts fans getting giddy over winning a game that gives the Colts 2 wins as opposed to 1 win even though it may cost us a franchise QB was just maddening.

My gut tells me Polian and Irsay are going to somehow find a way to tank the Jacksonville game. Polian isn't stupid and while I am not to sure about Irsay being overly bright, they both know a shot at a franchise QB is something you can't ignore.
    Polian and Irsay do not want any thing to do with that top pick, they do not want to have to decide on Manning. I hope that Irsay cleans house and gets rid of Chris Polian and Caldwell, I would tell Bill I want him to stay but Jr has to go and let him walk as well and start over.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

If the Colts were playing either the Vikings or the Rams I would put the over/under on turnovers in that game at about 17. LOL.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

You think the Jags don't have a reason of their own to want to lose?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    You think the Jags don't have a reason of their own to want to lose?
    That is what I am afraid of, if they win and the Colts get the top pick then they have to deal with facing Luck twice a year for the next 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Polian and Irsay do not want any thing to do with that top pick, they do not want to have to decide on Manning. .
    I am never to overly confident on much but I am 100% sure your wrong. Irsay is a business owner, he knows in 3 years Manning will likely be done. His business will not be making nearly as much money three years from now if the Colts have to start over without a franchise QB. With Luck, the Colts may take their lumps the next year or two but for the long haul of ten years or so the Colts should be a top notch NFL contendor and Irsay will rake in the profits. Yea the fans will cry if Manning is sent packing, I am sure many will turn in their season tickets in disgust but at the end of the day when the Colts are back on top with Luck, the fans will be back. Polian while he does have a bad record recently is a HOF GM. He knows building around a franchise QB like Luck will get you to the SB quicker than sitting around waiting for a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries to retire so you can start over.

I mean can anyone see Bill Polian, Jim Irsay and the rest of the Colts brass sitting around a table all talking about how scared to death they are of ending up with the #1 pick?? I can't see them all cheering a #2 or #3 pick as opposed to a #1 pick so they don't have to make a tough decision the fans don't like. These are football men and business men, what the fans think is of little importance to them.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 12-23-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Since the Colts Super Bowl win, what has Bill Polian done that proves he can build a winner around a great QB?
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Since the Colts Super Bowl win, what has Bill Polian done that proves he can build a winner around a great QB?
    Not much. But show me another GM on the market that has a better track than Polian. I have no desire to have him with the Colts for life, but who is better?

Chris Polian has taken a bigger role in the Colts draft the last few years, while Bill has dialed it back a bit. All reports say that the draft busts have been Jr's decisions not Daddy's.

Turn Off Ads?