Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Luck grades out better than RG III. I think Polian will listen to offers for the pick, he will have to be blown away though to not select Luck. Trading down would be the best move if he can get multiple picks and players as it would solidify the Colts as contenders for a few more seasons.
    If Manning was say 3-4 years younger then no question Polian would look hard at trading for multiple picks. However Manning is going on 36 with 3 neck surgeries under his belt. The answer is pretty obvious.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Luck grades out better than RG III. I think Polian will listen to offers for the pick, he will have to be blown away though to not select Luck. Trading down would be the best move if he can get multiple picks and players as it would solidify the Colts as contenders for a few more seasons.
    Getting a possibly great quarterback solidifies the Colts as contenders for the next 10 season with a few bad one in at first. The Colts will pick Luck and its quite possible that the Polians are not the ones who make the pick. Things this year have leaked that have never leaked before and I think Bill's act and Chris's ineptness at his job will probably cost both of them their jobs.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

It's to bad Andy Reid will in all likelyhood be back in philly. He would have been a great fit to coach up Luck or RGIII. He Made Mcnabb a pro bowler in Philly . Jeff fischer wouldnt be a bad choice either . Just please get rid of caldwell.

Yeah, this is like how the Joe Montana to Steve Young transition was for the 49'ers.

RG III would give me pause to think, but then I'd go ahead and draft Luck. I'm not sure QBs like Griffin can consistently win in the NFL. Newton might prove me wrong, but a strong accurate arm, high football IQ, and ability to make 5 GHz decisions trumps great wheels.

Pay attention to the open sky

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Chris Mortensen on Twitter: "Filed to ESPN: Irsay cleans house, including Bill and Chris Polian, per league source"
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Getting a possibly great quarterback solidifies the Colts as contenders for the next 10 season with a few bad one in at first. The Colts will pick Luck and its quite possible that the Polians are not the ones who make the pick. Things this year have leaked that have never leaked before and I think Bill's act and Chris's ineptness at his job will probably cost both of them their jobs.
    Good call.

Source: Polians out with Colts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...ts-source-says
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

I am not to suprised. My gut told me Irsay was going to demand Chris Polian take a lesser role and daddy Bill was not going to accept that. It's sad because Bill is a HOF GM but we will see.

Jeff Fisher rumors are running rampant now.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I'm glad both Polians are gone, as I think the Colts success over that last decade+ is more a result of Manning than the Polians.

I do want Caldwell gone, but feel bad for him somewhat. I think he is a "dead man walking" and the new GM will want his own coach. (Or possibly the new coach will be a personnel man too.) Hard for me to envision Caldwell returning, but making him do the press conference today is rough.

Obviously Fisher's name is up there, but I hear he is also interested in St Louis, Tampa Bay and San Diego, assuming Norv Turner goes. Turner is another interesting name to speculate about, as are Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, and Jay Gruden.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I wonder how much of this might be because of a disagreement on what to do with that first pick.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I wonder how much of this might be because of a disagreement on what to do with that first pick.
    No, I think the first pick is a no brainer.

I think both Polians wore out their welcome.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 01-02-2012 at 11:19 PM.

How freaking LUCKY can you get? wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    It's a pretty interesting question. I just read an article on ESPN where Peyton said he was shocked about the firings and said he was unbelievably close with Bill. I'd like to think Bill wouldn't put his relationship with Peyton over the best interests of the team, but you never know.

If the Colts don't take Luck and he goes on to be stud, the seats will be empty once Peyton retires, you can count on that. I'm sure Irsay knows that. I really want the Colts to keep Luck, more than anything. But if they can get a Herschel Walker type of deal out of trading Luck and still land another good QB, I might be okay with that. That's the only way I'd trade Luck though.

Its better to be 2-14 than 7-9 IMO and the Colts got lucky in that the year everything imploded is the year a stud QB is available.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Its better to be 2-14 than 7-9 IMO and the Colts got lucky in that the year everything imploded is the year a stud QB is available.
    God is definitely a Colts fan.

Could Irsay have canned both of the Polians because he feels the next coach will be a "big name" who would want a major say, if not total control of personnel?

I'd say yes, except for the fact that Elmer Fudd, er, Jim Caldwell is, as of now, still Colts head coach.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Turn Off Ads?